Setting Up QoS

Nehalem

Hello everyone. 
I'm looking for people who can help me configure this modem-router combo from my ISP. It has a QoS setting but i have no clue what each of those do. I've tried searching about it but i think i've reached my limit in trying to understand all of it. 

Now on the router i want to configure it so that it gives my PC highest priority so hopefully it would lessen the ping spikes i get when i play online games since i share the internet with my siblings.
We use a Wi-Fi connection.

ISP is PLDT and the router+modem combo is a baudtec something something. 

here are screen caps of the options available.

Thank you in advance for those who can help!

http://imgur.com/a/fnk3o

You can't host images on your PC you have to upload them somewhere

2 hours ago, Nehalem said:

Hello everyone. 
I'm looking for people who can help me configure this modem-router combo from my ISP. It has a QoS setting but i have no clue what each of those do. I've tried searching about it but i think i've reached my limit in trying to understand all of it. 

Now on the router i want to configure it so that it gives my PC highest priority so hopefully it would lessen the ping spikes i get when i play online games since i share the internet with my siblings.
We use a Wi-Fi connection.

here are screen caps of the options available.

Thank you in advance for those who can help!

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

1 hour ago, .spider. said:

Upon looking at where the image links pointed, I audibly LOL'd at work and everyone looked at me oddly.

Anywho, OP, you need to upload the images for them to actually show up on the forums.

Also, please provide the make and model of your ISP provided Potato Modem.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

4 hours ago, kirashi said:

Upon looking at where the image links pointed, I audibly LOL'd at work and everyone looked at me oddly.

Anywho, OP, you need to upload the images for them to actually show up on the forums.

Also, please provide the make and model of your ISP provided Potato Modem.

6 hours ago, .spider. said:

okay. i have the imgur link up. my bad.

12 minutes ago, Nehalem said:

okay. i have the imgur link up. my bad.

Great! Unfortunately, I have no idea what model of router/modem it is still.

I can't really tell how that router's QoS works either from the screenshots because all the routers I work with can classify traffic automagically and enable QoS simply by analyzing what kind of traffic is passing through the router. Yours appears to be more complicated and manual than that, so I'd either need the model number to help, or suggest you contact your ISP who provided the modem as they'd be more knowledgeable on it.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

21 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Great! Unfortunately, I have no idea what model of router/modem it is still.

I can't really tell how that router's QoS works either from the screenshots because all the routers I work with can classify traffic automagically and enable QoS simply by analyzing what kind of traffic is passing through the router. Yours appears to be more complicated and manual than that, so I'd either need the model number to help, or suggest you contact your ISP who provided the modem as they'd be more knowledgeable on it.

Thanks!

hmm. well so far, what i can tell is that its from baudtec rn243r4. It's plastered with the ISP's logo everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Nehalem said:

Thanks!

hmm. well so far, what i can tell is that its from baudtec rn243r4. It's plastered with the ISP's logo everywhere. 

Alright, that helps a little bit, as portforward.com has all the screenshots for your router. http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/BaudTec/RN243R4_-_PLDT/

I would guess that in your second screenshot you could fill out just your computer's MAC address and set the priority to "high" and try to save it.

I'm not sure how much information your router actually requires you to fill out. That's something your ISP could tell you.