DPD post Help!

Overkilled

So I ordered something from france and it got dispatched on monday with colissimo. It usually takes 5 days and on DPD it says it was in oldbury on the 23rd. I was expecting it to get here tomorrow (well today its half 4 in the morning) but if I chose to change the delivery date the earliest is tuesday the 30th. Does this mean its not coming on the weekend or tomorrow?

It also says I can upgrade my delivery to saturday so would I have to do that?

Edit It also says this.

We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly

What does that even mean.

If you change the delivery date, the item will remain at the depot until that day and since there's a bank holiday coming up they are likely offering upgrades to Saturday delivery (however, you should check to make sure that option is free although that is likely to be a moot point now) since they won't be delivering packages on the Monday.

That message would normally relate to them having picked up the item from the sender to be taken to its first stop where the package would be scanned into their system (it might be that in this case that information hasn't been updated).

Regardless, if DPD has contact details for you, they'll contact you on the day of delivery with the one hour slot the driver should deliver it in (on that day, you can engage stalker mode and track the driver but it doesn't update in real time).

10 hours ago, demonix00 said:

If you change the delivery date, the item will remain at the depot until that day and since there's a bank holiday coming up they are likely offering upgrades to Saturday delivery (however, you should check to make sure that option is free although that is likely to be a moot point now) since they won't be delivering packages on the Monday.

That message would normally relate to them having picked up the item from the sender to be taken to its first stop where the package would be scanned into their system (it might be that in this case that information hasn't been updated).

Regardless, if DPD has contact details for you, they'll contact you on the day of delivery with the one hour slot the driver should deliver it in (on that day, you can engage stalker mode and track the driver but it doesn't update in real time).

Yeah I upgraded to saturday yesterday and it came about an hour ago.

Thanks!