Can't get 120Hz out of these monitors... (XL2411T x2)

ClutchHunter

Both of my monitors have 1x DVI-D Dual Link and 1x HDMI inputs. My video card has 2x Mini DP, 1x HDMI and 1x DVI-D Single Link outputs. Is there any feasible way of getting 120Hz out of these monitors with this setup without having to buy a pair of ludicrously expensive Mini DP to DVI-D/I Dual Link adapters? If not, what are the cheapest adapters you can recommend that aren't going to cease functioning within a reasonable amount of time?

Thanks!

My setup used to be linked here but links aren't allowed so... it shall remain a mystery!

As long as the setting on the monitor and in the graphics settings are set to 120 hz, it will run at 120 hz. For games, if you use the vsync in the graphics settings(amd or NVidia control panel) then just make sure in those settings its at 120hz, but if you are using application vsync then make sure the settings in the game are set to 120 hz.

sorry to inform you, but 1080p @ 120hz is only supported by display ports, and dvi d ports, hdmi is still a long way away from that place.

you have 2 choices, get a good adapter/converter or a gpu that has 2 dvi d ports

I thought hdmi would be enough for 120hz. Display port will function with no problem.

Make sure you get ACTIVE display port adapters for your dvi cables

Example from Amazon UK at all? :)

My setup used to be linked here but links aren't allowed so... it shall remain a mystery!

I thought hdmi would be enough for 120hz. Display port will function with no problem.

Make sure you get ACTIVE display port adapters for your dvi cables

hdmi can support 120hz at 720p, and 60hz at 1080p, those cables are not yet powerful.

Example from Amazon UK at all? :)
damn, most of them are around £20, here is one, not sure if it will work or not, sorry, dont have much experience in these things, probably go to pcworld, or the game store, tesco is sure to have one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-feet-Mini-DisplayPort-Cable/dp/B003V4TVA2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1363018636&sr=8-11

edit: it seems you will need an active mini dp to dvi adapter to help you with the setup, sorry for the wrong link