Should i buy a new monitor or wait?

Go to solution Solved by LordGrizzillaKreme,
Just now, panayiotis said:

I was thinking that, i had in mind of getting two Dell P2715Q and daisy chain them. But next year when i will be able to game at 4k? What should i do?  Sell them and get G-Sync ones? 

I'm saying one regular one now and g sync next year. Use the g sync to game and the standard one as secondary. No point in selling and reinvesting next year and I doubt you want to play games across 2 monitors.

Hi all,

I have an MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 2QE with 16GB of ram, GTX 970M 6GB. I want to buy a new monitor a 4k (any G-Sync 4k monitor, Asus or Acer), one of my questions is should i buy it now or wait for monitors with more than 60hz to arrive later? 

To explain my situation better, i don't mind spending money on buying something good. I will be buying a new desktop in June 2017 so my other question is does it worth spending money now and buying a 4k monitor? 

Plus i want two monitors and my laptop has a mini-display port and an hdmi port, on the website it says that it can drive 3 x 4k monitors. DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW!!!

The problem is i want one before September for Uni. What should i do? Buy now or wait later ?

Thanks in advance to everybody for replying.

8 minutes ago, panayiotis said:

Hi all,

I have an MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 2QE with 16GB of ram, GTX 970M 6GB. I want to buy a new monitor a 4k (any G-Sync 4k monitor, Asus or Acer), one of my questions is should i buy it now or wait for monitors with more than 60hz to arrive later? 

To explain my situation better, i don't mind spending money on buying something good. I will be buying a new desktop in June 2017 so my other question is does it worth spending money now and buying a 4k monitor? 

Plus i want two monitors and my laptop has a mini-display port and an hdmi port, on the website it says that it can drive 3 x 4k monitors. DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW!!!

The problem is i want one before September for Uni. What should i do? Buy now or wait later ?

Thanks in advance to everybody for replying.

Well, as far as I can see a 4k monitor really would not be a good idea for you, seeing that your laptop is in no way capable of powering the 4k screen (not to be rude) let alone over 60 hz... If I were you I would invest that money into your new desktop, and buy a 2k monitor instead

You could probably power 3 screens by using a screen port splitter

1 minute ago, Nathanpater said:

Well, as far as I can see a 4k monitor really would not be a good idea for you, seeing that your laptop is in no way capable of powering the 4k screen (not to be rude) let alone over 60 hz... If I were you I would invest that money into your new desktop, and buy a 2k monitor instead

I suppose when you say "powering" you mean gaming, right?

I suppose when you say "powering" you mean gaming, right?

yes, I dont think the horse power in your laptop is not nearly enough to game on a 4k screen with pleasurable framerate and medium/high settings, I think the loss in frames is not worth the extra pixels

Just now, Nathanpater said:

yes, I dont think the horse power in your laptop is not nearly enough to game on a 4k screen with pleasurable framerate and medium/high settings, I think the loss in frames is not worth the extra pixels

to be honest, i will wait for 4k gaming till i buy my new desktop next year, for now i mostly want it for productivity. 

17 minutes ago, panayiotis said:

to be honest, i will wait for 4k gaming till i buy my new desktop next year, for now i mostly want it for productivity. 

If all you want it for is productivity and gaming next year I would suggest a cheap 4K (non gsync). If your not going to game (which you really cant push) I see no point for it to be very high tech. Wait till next year for a really solid monitor when you build and then you'll also have duel monitors since once you experience dual you wont be going back.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

8 minutes ago, LordGrizzillaKreme said:

If all you want it for is productivity and gaming next year I would suggest a cheap 4K (non gsync). If your not going to game (which you really cant push) I see no point for it to be very high tech. Wait till next year for a really solid monitor when you build and then you'll also have duel monitors since once you experience dual you wont be going back.

I was thinking that, i had in mind of getting two Dell P2715Q and daisy chain them. But next year when i will be able to game at 4k? What should i do?  Sell them and get G-Sync ones? 

I'm saying one regular one now and g sync next year. Use the g sync to game and the standard one as secondary. No point in selling and reinvesting next year and I doubt you want to play games across 2 monitors.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

2 minutes ago, LordGrizzillaKreme said:

I agree, i will buy the Dell one which i have seen from close and i like, and next year i will buy the G-Sync one. Thanks a lot. 

7 minutes ago, panayiotis said:

I agree, i will buy the Dell one which i have seen from close and i like, and next year i will buy the G-Sync one. Thanks a lot. 

No problem. Enjoy