Disk Partition Issues (HELP)

positivePXL

So, I posted about this earlier as well, but my problem just amplified itself. So, I went ahead and downloaded the Windows 10 "Media Creation Tool", and tried to get it to work. I cannot get it to either upgrade my existing OS, or my make an install media for a new computer, because my current OS drive doesn't have enough room for it to download to. I have looked through my entire C: drive, and somehow, I have 54.44gb used of 54.5gb total space in my OS partition, and only about 30gb total is actually accounted for across all of the files in the C: driver, (yes, I have hidden files visible). The Window's folder itself inhabits a total of 24.5gb of that 30gb. The MediaCreationTool needs 8gb just to download the files to! So, even if I delete every single file, folder, driver, and program on my C: drive, I won't have been able to make enough space for Win10 to install to. The only other option I can think of right now, is to go out and buy a new god damn window's install disk, and load up my SSD on a new computer just so I can reformat it! 

I am getting seriously pissed off at how difficult this situation has become. It's now even happening where my games won't render in entire sections of maps for some obscure reason. I cannot fix this issue with my skillset, please, I need help.

Yes, the Windows partition tends to get very big over time (it's big in the first place, but with updates and whatnot, it gets even bigger. Kudos on you for having the patience of digging through your whole hard drive to find that number. I would've never had such patience, relying instead on WinDirStat.

What you suggest doing is actually pretty much useless, because you can't transfer an SSD from a computer to another and hope it will boot (it won't, and if it does, you'll run across any type of problem imaginable).

But I digress: the Media Creation Tool needs to download an image file of Windows to create your media and it has to put all that data somewhere.

Launch Disk Cleanup, select your C drive and click on System files cleanup. Tick all of the checkboxes and see if you can manage to free up enough disk space (you'll need about 8 GB, as you correctly guessed).

If even this doesn't solve your space issues, open Computer Management (compmgmt.msc), select Archival -> Disk Management and delete the partition to the right of C, then expand it to your desired amount.