Good Airflow in Thermaltake V21 Core?

MattTheMayor

I'm making a build for my friend using the Thermaltake Core v21 which is a micro atx board.

I plan on using a 212 evo as his heatsink and buying a 120mm fan (I was thinking of a corsair AF120. any other recommendations for same price or lower?) as an exhaust fan since the case only comes with a 200mm fan in the front.

I was wondering if this plan would work or would there be a better way to use it, or would a 140mm work better? IIRC, a 140mm can fit on the rear side as well.

WjfSXyH.png

The 200mm is fine

I built in it and it has very good airflow

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

The 200mm is fine

I built in it and it has very good airflow

so you wouldn't recommend buying a 140mm as an exhaust? i was planning on using the 200mm as intake and itll flow throughout the 140mm as an exhaust

59 minutes ago, MattTheMayor said:

so you wouldn't recommend buying a 140mm as an exhaust? i was planning on using the 200mm as intake and itll flow throughout the 140mm as an exhaust

Yup

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

My wife's build is an 4690k with a mild over clock in a v21.  The motherboard is horizontal, with a Cryorig H7, the stock 200 in the front a 140 in the back and two 140 side intakes, one on each side towards the front.  The extra intakes are probably overkill but they do let me dual the fan speeds down even with the over clock.

Put a 140 in the exhaust. You'll thank me later. 

Source: My build is in a Core V21 and has a 140mm exhaust in back, a 140mm exhaust on top, a 140mm intake on bottom, the 200mm fan in front of the forward grill and two fans for my radiator behind it. It peaks at 67C in P95 v28.9. For most cases, two in one out works fine, but the V21 really benefits from added airflow. 

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Going with 140mm is better than 120mm if possible. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.