My G2A Experience

SMVilaisack

First post, but long time lurker on the LTT forums so I guess I will share my experience with G2A. Not hating on G2A as I've had every purchase gone right with them until now. 

So a few days ago G2A had a limited pre-order flash sale for F1 2016 that was exclusively through PayPal, me being a huge F1 fan I pre-ordered the game. Aug 19th was the game's release date and I expected to receive my code sometime throughout the day, well Aug 19th comes and goes with no code in my email. I emailed support during the 19th and they kept giving me the "Key will be delivered ASAP" or "Key will be delivered shortly". No help at all until today, I started a live chat and a rep told me that the email delivery system was malfunctioning and that they didn't have the keys in possession. He also told me that it would be several days until I receive my key. WTF?! "several days" I needed the game yesterday to make videos, now you're telling me that I have to wait even longer for a game I should've already received?! To make matters worse, pre-orders don't get priority as their twitter had a link to the game the day it was released for the same price. I'll update this post if it ever gets resolved. BTW different reps keep giving me different answers nice job G2A. 

Here's said Flash Sale link they posted on release day, the pre-order flash sale was on the site's margins

TL;DR Pre-Ordered a game, G2A support sucks, Keys aren't being emailed. Keys don't even exist.

i7 6700K OC'd to 4.5GHZ, GTX 960, 16GB Ram, 500GB 850 Evo, BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3

1 minute ago, rrubberr said:

That's why you buy things through legitimate channels.

I know, I know, but as an HS student who barely makes more than minimum wage, I took the risk in order to save $25. From my past experiences with G2A i thought it wasn't that big of a risk as it was directly through G2A and PayPal not a marketplace seller. 

Ive been using G2A, Kinguin and others for years. Havnt had a single problem.

-Buy from reputable sellers on the site

-Pay via paypal meaning you can get a refund if your key is not delivered.

Its bloody foolproof, beats steam & retail prices by a large amount every time.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Just now, CtrlAltELITE said:

Ive been using G2A, Kinguin and others for years. Havnt had a single problem.

-Buy from reputable sellers on the site

-Pay via paypal meaning you can get a refund if your key is not delivered.

Its bloody foolproof, beats steam & retail prices by a large amount every time.

Did both mate, as the sale was paypal exclusive. 

8 minutes ago, SMVilaisack said:

First post, but long time lurker on the LTT forums so I guess I will share my experience with G2A. Not hating on G2A as I've had every purchase gone right with them until now. 

So a few days ago G2A had a limited pre-order flash sale for F1 2016, me being a huge F1 fan I pre-ordered the game. Aug 19th was the game's release date and I expected to receive my code sometime throughout the day, well Aug 19th comes and goes with no code in my email. I emailed support during the 19th and they kept giving me the "Key will be delivered ASAP" or "Key will be delivered shortly". No help at all until today, I started a live chat and a rep told me that the email delivery system was malfunctioning and that they didn't have the keys in possession. He also told me that it would be several days until I receive my key. WTF?! "several days" I needed the game yesterday to make videos, now you're telling me that I have to wait even longer for a game I should've already received?! To make matters worse, pre-orders don't get priority as their twitter had a link to the game the day it was released for the same price. I'll update this post if it ever gets resolved. BTW different reps keep giving me different answers nice job G2A.

TL;DR Pre-Ordered a game, G2A support sucks, Keys aren't being emailed. Keys don't even exist.

I'm sorry that you have to learn the hard way, but you get what you pay for. G2A and similar websites are on the verge of illegal, with many of the keys sold there being bought fraudulently via a stolen credit card. (An instance of this was revealed a while ago when an indie dev sued G2A for selling fraudulent keys of their game, effectively cheating them off $150k).

But on the good side, you now know this. The same applies on physical marketplaces, if a deal seems too good to be true, you gotta ask what the catch is.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

i remember pre-ordering need for speed 2015 on greenmangaming once, but when the game got released everyone had issues receiving keys. believe it or not GMG had difficulties getting a hold of usable keys, so everyone was held up for days. luckily i contacted them so i can get a refund, and they were pretty quick about it. 

as for g2a i've bought a few games from there, admittedly. and all of them went pretty well. i used paypal for all the purchases. however recently they'll sign you up for their G2A shield program for no reason, and it's a pain to back out of if you don't use paypal. 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

i remember pre-ordering need for speed 2015 on greenmangaming once, but when the game got released everyone had issues receiving keys. believe it or not GMG had difficulties getting a hold of usable keys, so everyone was held up for days. luckily i contacted them so i can get a refund, and they were pretty quick about it. 

as for g2a i've bought a few games from there, admittedly. and all of them went pretty well. i used paypal for all the purchases. however recently they'll sign you up for their G2A shield program for no reason, and it's a pain to back out of if you don't use paypal. 

Pretty much my exact situation lol. I understand things happen, but a problem like this could've and should've be avoided. I just wish their support was better. I can either wait a few days for the game or a few weeks for my refund. YAY :{

Whilst I trust g2a and have never had a problem in over 100 games bought from there (apart from the whole far cry 4 thing) I wouldn't pre order from them.

I would only use cdkeys to pre order.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I've never bought from G2A, but I almost did when my son wanted Far Cry 4 (as a new release). I closed the tab and bought from Ubisoft when they gave me the opportunity to read about G2A Shield. What a load of horse shit.  A vendor shouldn't charge extra for their customers to have a guarantee to get what they pay for.  

On 21. 8. 2016 at 2:22 AM, SMVilaisack said:

Dont ever Preorder.

They dont get the Keys directly from the devs like steam does i guess , so they have to buy them themselves.

thats what im assuming.

Or their keys got sold out.

They dont generate keys like Steam or Origin do

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I bought once from G2A but I never used them again out of paranoia that I'll get a bad game code. Also from a moral point of view I don't like how shady they are and would rather get my games directly from the Developer or a more reputable online reseller like Steam or Amazon Digital.