Streaming

Kenobi3371

Hello all,

I didn't know where else to put this so I'm dropping it in here. I plan on playing video games in 1440p with a brand new system I just built (gtx1080 with i7 6700k) but I also want to stream. I know most capture cards drop the res output to 1080p on the monitor except for expensive options so I opted to use shadowplay with OBS. I was wondering, will this affect my resolution at all? Also, are there any better alternatives?

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Kenobi3371 said:

Hello all,

I didn't know where else to put this so I'm dropping it in here. I plan on playing video games in 1440p with a brand new system I just built (gtx1080 with i7 6700k) but I also want to stream. I know most capture cards drop the res output to 1080p on the monitor except for expensive options so I opted to use shadowplay with OBS. I was wondering, will this affect my resolution at all? Also, are there any better alternatives?

Thank you!

Nope, these are your best bets.... oh wait! if you wanna pay a bit XSplit Broadcaster is pretty good!

3 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Nope, these are your best bets.... oh wait! if you wanna pay a bit XSplit Broadcaster is pretty good!

OBS, not the  studio version, is also very good for beginners. Though Xsplit is an ok option aswell.

Check out Jack Frags video on youtube about recording, you could adapt it to allow you to stream.

2 minutes ago, megaant4 said:

Check out Jack Frags video on youtube about recording, you could adapt it to allow you to stream.

Why the centered text m8

Just now, WSADKeysGaming said:

Why the centered text m8

Accidentally clicked it and wasn't bothered to change it :')

16 minutes ago, Kenobi3371 said:

Hello all,

Thank you!

You'll be fine but in OBS have the bitrate somewhere between 2500 and 3000 and don't play around with the color or renderer settings.... How is your internet 

at LEAST 6mbps up is required but I advise having it more like 20 mbps. Download doesn't matter when your streaming, your streaming aka continuously uploading

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

Just now, Savageiste said:

You'll be fine but in OBS have the bitrate somewhere between 2500 and 3000 and don't play around with the color or renderer settings.... How is your internet 

at LEAST 6mbps up is required but I advise having it more like 20 mbps. Download doesn't matter when your streaming, your streaming aka continuously uploading

I have fiber so connection speeds won't be an issue :P

3 minutes ago, megaant4 said:

Accidentally clicked it and wasn't bothered to change it :')

Ah OK 

1 minute ago, Kenobi3371 said:

I have fiber so connection speeds won't be an issue :P

Kool then your set I have a GTX 1070 and i7 4790k and can stream at 1080p 60fps and play the actual game at 1080p 60fps or better :) you won't have a problem

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!