Switching from dual 23" to ultrawide screen, need some advice!

Hello everyone (:

I'm thinking of upgrading my display monitor, currently I'm using dual 23" monitors (both of these monitors are by Samsung).
My daily uses of my PC are audio editing (using softwares like Cubase, Ableton and etc...) and gaming (not competitive gaming, right now I'm playing Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid 5, Star Citizen and etc...).
I thought of purchasing 34" but in my country the costs is too freaking high... so I went down to 29" but I'm afraid it'll be too small for using split screen.

Models I considered: Samsung S29E790C, LG 29UC88 or Dell ultrasharp u2913wm (rather not because it has 8ms response time..) - I don't really care about the speakers, I have audio monitors by Tannoy and most of the time using headphones.

Any thoughts? something I was missing? Please lend me your wisdom and guide me to the right display! (:

FB_IMG_1471436286512.jpg

I guess the two display's you've right now are both 1080p 16:9 panels.
So you have a total resolution of 3840x1080.
The 29'' ultra wides are usually 2560x1080 - you'll loose quite a lot of pixels. It would be more or less a downgrade.

So you're saying I should pick a 34"?

2 minutes ago, elr2d2 said:

So you're saying I should pick a 34"?

Not necessarily, but at least something that will increase your total resolution. It wouldn't make much sense to have a monitor that might look better, but decreases your work area.
But even a 3440x1440 29'' wouldn't be that great I imagine. It's a bit small for such a resolution.
A 34'' 3440x1440 would be the best option or even a 32'' 4K panel. It really depends on your preference.

yeah I was thinking of taking BenQ BL3201PT or (budgeted option) Samsung S32D850T, but I want to have the option of using split screen while I'm using Cubase (as you see in my picture, one screen is for the mixer while the other one is for the time line..).

2 minutes ago, elr2d2 said:

yeah I was thinking of taking BenQ BL3201PT or (budgeted option) Samsung S32D850T, but I want to have the option of using split screen while I'm using Cubase (as you see in my picture, one screen is for the mixer while the other one is for the time line..).

You can still do that.
It doesn't matter how wide the screen is. It's just a question of how many horizontal pixel you got. And a 4K screen has more horizontal pixels than a 34'' ultra wide.