One Years Old CPU Cooler

Devil

I know when it comes to used parts a lot of ppl are like meh...
anyways so my friend built his gaming PC last year and this year he wants to upgrade his CPU cooler to an liquid cooler his old cpu cooler which is cooler master 212 evo is one years old in my country this cpu cooler is around 45$ to 50$ and i have a little bit of money to spend i want to spend more on my Graphic Card because i will game a lot
anyways he will give me this cpu cooler for around 5$ to 10$ so i want to know if it's risky to use it or not? i have an i5 6600k in stock speed, 
I mean if i got this it will save me 40$ 
so what you guys think?  

Its $5-$10, no harm done if it doesnt work, which will be unlinkely. the Hyper 212 EVO is just a fan with some metal tubes and fins. If it was broken, you would actually see a physical difference. If you really that unsure, tell him to test it out in front of you. 212 evo in the US, cost around $15 i think

3 minutes ago, Tyrosen said:

Its $5-$10, no harm done if it doesnt work, which will be unlinkely. the Hyper 212 EVO is just a fan with some metal tubes and fins. If it was broken, you would actually see a physical difference. If you really that unsure, tell him to test it out in front of you. 212 evo in the US, cost around $15 i think

Well it runs fine with no problem i was going for a new one if it was not around 50$ he wants to upgrade half of his PC parts not just the cpu cooler so...

thats a great deal for a great cooler, worth it IMO. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

13 minutes ago, Devil said:

i want to know if it's risky to use it or not?

I am 99% sure it will not malfunction then. Used parts such as expensive video cars, and CPUs are meh, but inexpensive coolers such as this have no risk.