Glad its sorted!

Hi,

Specs:

i3 4170

Supermicro X10SLL-F-O

16 GB ECC Ram Crucial

4x4 WD RED 

Problem

None of my plugins are working. Plex and Owncloud can turn on in the plugins window. However, when I enter their IP in my browser, I cannot connect.

When I start Emby, in the console it displays "No JSON object could be decoded".

I have a feeling that I have incorrectly setup my network settings in Freenas.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

thanks

dWOn6mi.png

7CKOTiR.png

ucDE8jp.png

Desktop: i5 4670k, Z97-K, 16GB, MSI GTX 770, Evga 850G2, TT T31

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Peripheral: K60, HyperX Cloud

Mobile: Nexus 6P 

3 hours ago, Member said:

Hi,

Specs:

i3 4170

Supermicro X10SLL-F-O

16 GB ECC Ram Crucial

4x4 WD RED 

Problem

None of my plugins are working. Plex and Owncloud can turn on in the plugins window. However, when I enter their IP in my browser, I cannot connect.

When I start Emby, in the console it displays "No JSON object could be decoded".

I have a feeling that I have incorrectly setup my network settings in Freenas.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

thanks

dWOn6mi.png

7CKOTiR.png

ucDE8jp.png

try the last post here

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/upgraded-to-9-3-unable-to-start-plugins.26034/

for wierd freenas issues post on their fourms also you can get some answered that here you will be stuck waiting

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

1 hour ago, gamerking said:

Do you by any chance know where I can add these rules?

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Just now, Member said:

Do you by any chance know where I can add these rules?

sadly no i used freenas for all of a month before it pissed it self . it refused to run any jails and would lock up on a reboot .gave up and went to centos . would get some unexpected error has occurred shit . gave up after 2 full reinstalls and it wouldnt work for at all

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Please post your network config.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

network config of the plugin is likely incorrect. When My plex wasnt pulling a dhcp address or I had a bad address it in. It would look like it started but after refresh it was not. 

10 hours ago, Eniqmatic said:

Please post your network config.

Freenas network config:

I have not configured any interface settings in Freenas networking.

fuvBQ5C.png

ipconfig in cmd: 

8vBi2e4.png

Modem/Router --> Switch --> Freenas

thx

4 hours ago, Smite said:

network config of the plugin is likely incorrect. When My plex wasnt pulling a dhcp address or I had a bad address it in. It would look like it started but after refresh it was not. 

Do you know how I would properly configure my network settings?

thx

Im a little confused why it is showing a ipv6 address and a gateway when neither are present in the config page. I'm not at home to look at mine. I can follow up later if no one else adds on here. 

Please enter a default gateway on FreeNAS. Judging by your other screenshot, you need to enter 192.168.0.1 for this. Not saying this will fix it, but you should have it.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Oh wait, hang on, why are you using the same IP address for a PC (cmd screenshot) and also for a FreeNAS jail?

1 hour ago, Eniqmatic said:

Please enter a default gateway on FreeNAS. Judging by your other screenshot, you need to enter 192.168.0.1 for this. Not saying this will fix it, but you should have it.

itwSxuk.png

Oh wait, hang on, why are you using the same IP address for a PC (cmd screenshot) and also for a FreeNAS jail?

jC5S9HN.png

Does this look correct?

Still cannot connect to Plex server.

This is the JAIL network settings:

I don't know how to check if this is correct.

UBZvNBH.png

No because you've added another subnet now. Post your network settings, use an IP address not in use on your existing subnet.

Change Plex to 192.168.0.55 with a correct gateway.

1 minute ago, Member said:

This is the JAIL network settings:

I don't know how to check if this is correct.

UBZvNBH.png

No, you have set from 192.168.0.9 to 49. When you boot up the first 2 jails, which IP addresses do you think they are most likely going to grab? 0.9 and 0.10, an address you are already using.

If I was you, I would just change it to DHCP by ticking the box and let your router assign its IP.

No because you've added another subnet now. Post your network settings, use an IP address not in use on your existing subnet.

Change Plex to 192.168.0.55 with a correct gateway.

HcM2CwO.png

No, you have set from 192.168.0.9 to 49. When you boot up the first 2 jails, which IP addresses do you think they are most likely going to grab? 0.9 and 0.10, an address you are already using.

If I was you, I would just change it to DHCP by ticking the box and let your router assign its IP.

checked the IPv4 DHCP box

Just now, Member said:

HcM2CwO.png

Yes or set DHCP. Turn the other 2 jails off for now, they will be confusing matters.

Yes or set DHCP. Turn the other 2 jails off for now, they will be confusing matters.

The other two plugins are OFF. I don't know why in the JAILS menu, they are displayed as ON.

iomWYcM.png

Manually stopped the two jails now.

Edited by Member

You need to go to the other menu and change them to stopped, let me get the screenshot for you

58 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

You need to go to the other menu and change them to stopped, let me get the screenshot for you

Just stopped them manuallyeZNKcmm.png

Yep you've found it, as attached

Capture.PNG

Now set your Plex Jail to DHCP

Yep you've found it, as attached

Capture.PNG

Now set your Plex Jail to DHCP

for some weird reason, I cannot press the IPv4 DHCP button in the Plex Jail

More info or screenshot please