Is this considered a lot backlight bleed?

Endre

As the title says, is this a lot or is it okay?

20160815_203411.jpg

Looks quite ridiculous, but the camera could have exaggerated the effect. What monitor is this?

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

It is an ASUS PB278QR which I don't own but considered buying until I got this pic from the seller (I specifically asked for a backlight bleed pic). Now I am very sceptical of this monitor. The owner asks for 3000 NOK (360 USD / 280 GBP).

However, I've found a ASUS PB278Q (older version than the monitor in the pic), and he asks for 2000 NOK (240 USD / 190 GBP).

I think the ASUS PB278Q is the one I should go for, considering the backlight bleed of the QR?

6 minutes ago, Endre said:

It is an ASUS PB278QR which I don't own but considered buying until I got this pic from the seller (I specifically asked for a backlight bleed pic). Now I am very sceptical of this monitor. The owner asks for 3000 NOK (360 USD / 280 GBP).

However, I've found a ASUS PB278Q (older version than the monitor in the pic), and he asks for 2000 NOK (240 USD / 190 GBP).

I think the ASUS PB278Q is the one I should go for, considering the backlight bleed of the QR?

Both have BLB issues. The older PB278Q units do not have it. I would get the PB278Q if it was made before 2015.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

1 minute ago, maxvons said:

Both have BLB issues. The older PB278Q units do not have it. I would get the PB278Q if it was made before 2015.

Yes I'm pretty sure it's made before 2015, but I'll get that confirmed by the seller.

Also, didn't see your're Norwegian as well until now. Do you think Komplett.no would accept returns, repairs or getting a new monitor if the monitor in the picture still has it's 3 year warranty?

Just now, Endre said:

Yes I'm pretty sure it's made before 2015, but I'll get that confirmed by the seller.

Also, didn't see your're Norwegian as well until now. Do you think Komplett.no would accept returns, repairs or getting a new monitor if the monitor in the picture still has it's 3 year warranty?

I dont see why they wouldnt. The new monitor would most likely still have the BLB issue tho. 

1 minute ago, maxvons said:

I dont see why they wouldnt. The new monitor would most likely still have the BLB issue tho. 

Okay, thanks for quick replies!

Just now, Endre said:

Okay, thanks for quick replies!

Np, brother.

1 hour ago, maxvons said:

Np, brother.

So I received some new pictures from the seller, and he claims these pictures are far more realistic but still a little too much BLB than it really is.

What do you think about these? Also, would an PB278QR be worth 3000 NOK with this amount of BLB? I could potentially get it for a couple of 100 less as he hasn't received any offers on it except from me in 3 weeks. I'm intending to use it for watching videos/movies, editing in Photoshop (not very professionally, only making logos) and play games like Battlefield and Tomb Raider.

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

1 hour ago, Endre said:

So I received some new pictures from the seller, and he claims these pictures are far more realistic but still a little too much BLB than it really is.

What do you think about these? Also, would an PB278QR be worth 3000 NOK with this amount of BLB? I could potentially get it for a couple of 100 less as he hasn't received any offers on it except from me in 3 weeks. I'm intending to use it for watching videos/movies, editing in Photoshop (not very professionally, only making logos) and play games like Battlefield and Tomb Raider.

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

That looks way better. I wouldn't have a problem with that

5 minutes ago, maxvons said:

That looks way better. I wouldn't have a problem with that

Great to hear! And would you recommend this monitor for what I plan to use it for?

Sorry for the fail quote btw, the comment box wouldn't let me type after quoting :o

18 minutes ago, Endre said:

Great to hear! And would you recommend this monitor for what I plan to use it for?

Sorry for the fail quote btw, the comment box wouldn't let me type after quoting :o

Np, m8. I would strongly recommend this monitor for your usage scenario. Its not a 10-bit panel or anything like that, but youre not gonna use it for any professional work as you said. I think 3000 NOK for this monitor is a very good price.