Planning a new build Z170 I7 6700K need advice on mobo and memory

hberg

My first build and I am planning opting for a gaming pc with some light video editing and music production.

have decided on a skylake build z170 , I7 6700k, GTX 1080. I had initially looked at Asus Z170-Pro but I am uncertain as to what speed  and brand of memory to select.I dont think I need more than 16GB. in terms of speed and reliabillity what is best option in terms of 4x4GB or 2x8 GB.  please assist feel also free to comment upon my choice of mobo.

Thanks in advance

The motherboard pretty much got all features you can ask for including USB3.1 for future connectivity and good overclocking capabilities. 

As far as higher clock memory goes, it doesn't have that big of an impact versus the 2133 stuff. In gaming it may give a marginal difference. Unless you plan on overclocking, just get DDR4-2133. These Kingston sticks will do fine, you could even get two pairs for a total of 32GB.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

Thank you ? I appreciated youre feedback