Windows 7 installation doesn't recognize M.2 SSD

Hello,

I just finished building my computer (i7-6850k, asus x99-deluxe ii, samsung 950 pro).

I wanted to boot windows 7 from my m.2 SSD so I disconnected all the drivers except for the CD reader and m.2 SSD.

The SSD is recognized in the BIOS but when I try to install windows 7 the installation program doesn't see it.

I looked online for a solution. One of which was to enter cmd and search "diskpart"...(etc.)

It was also not seen in cmd.

Does someone have a solution?

Thanks

Have you tried changing the Legacy/UEFIsettings in the Bios maybe for some reason that could do something. Odd that it isn't detected in Disk part but is on the bios. Have you looked at simple things like seeing if the SSD is plugged fully into SATA port 0?

8 minutes ago, TechJ said:

Have you tried changing the Legacy/UEFIsettings in the Bios maybe for some reason that could do something. Odd that it isn't detected in Disk part but is on the bios. Have you looked at simple things like seeing if the SSD is plugged fully into SATA port 0?

It's a M.2 SSD, so it has its own special port. But I choose to use the accessory that was included with the MB, and plug it in the pcie slot.

1 minute ago, BunkerBuster said:

It's a M.2 SSD, so it has its own special port. But I choose to use the accessory that was included with the MB, and plug it in the pcie slot.

I understand now! I haven't had any experience with SSD Pcie cards. The only thing I could think of straight away would be installing windows on a HDD or another drive then migrate once the card is working.

Just now, TechJ said:

I understand now! I haven't had any experience with SSD Pcie cards. The only thing I could think of straight away would be installing windows on a HDD or another drive then migrate once the card is working.

OK, thanks :)