Build list changed again

Yatys 93

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/28vW3F

Turns out it takes a while for a student to save up this kind of money... Due to this new parts came out, I changed my list, would like opinions on this new one again.

Thanks in advice, Open to changing most parts as recommended except the case, the only other case I like the look of is the SMA8, still trying to decide if it would be worth the £700 (including Shipping to the UK)

Also a tiny bit tempted by the Titan XP, partly as a friend has the old one and rubs it in my face when ever he gets the chance, and partly since it is better than the 1080, but by the time I save this the 1080ti might be a thing so will wait and see.

4 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

Turns out it takes a while for a student to save up this kind of money... Due to this new parts came out, I changed my list, would like opinions on this new one again.

Thanks in advice, Open to changing most parts as recommended except the case, the only other case I like the look of is the SMA8, still trying to decide if it would be worth the £700 (including Shipping to the UK)

Also a tiny bit tempted by the Titan XP, partly as a friend has the old one and rubs it in my face when ever he gets the chance, and partly since it is better than the 1080, but by the time I save this the 1080ti might be a thing so will wait and see.

Are you doing a custom loop? Looks good though.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Are you doing a custom loop? Looks good though.

yes, rigid up top, soft in the basement under the midplate.

Just now, Yatys 93 said:

yes, rigid up top, soft in the basement under the midplate.

Okay good, I was wondering why you had a 212 evo with a 6850k :P 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Okay good, I was wondering why you had a 212 evo with a 6850k :P 

Read this one: 

from the old list but explains the process of it all :P

2 minutes ago, snortings said:

Why do you need 18TB?

the 2 blacks will be in raid zero, and the only reason I am using 6tb drives is will the midplate add in, I can only use 3 drives, no room for expansion, also helps keep the storage in order, so I would rather spend the extra off the bat and have a lot of room, than have to mess around moving files to externals and back to a new drive later

Just now, Yatys 93 said:

the 2 blacks will be in raid zero, and the only reason I am using 6tb drives is will the midplate add in, I can only use 3 drives, no room for expansion, also helps keep the storage in order, so I would rather spend the extra off the bat and have a lot of room, than have to mess around moving files to externals and back to a new drive later

And how long do you tthink you will take to use up a full 18TB?

A bit.... Overkill.

Few things, 212 Evo, meh. Get a Cryorig M9i or any low tier BeQuiet! cooler, usually same or lower price, and better.

Why 18TB of storage?

I can see you like Corsair, but ew.

Their fans are mediocre, stick to BeQuiet! Or Noctua, you are already spending this much, atleast get quality fans. Ram? Don't get me started, Dominator Platniums are the stupidest fucking product, sorry, but they are. Overpriced as fuck, for what? A bigger epeen? Don't do it, just get LPX.

Your PSU is also overpriced and overkill. Just get a 850w EVGA GS or G2, any SeaSonic or XFX. The case, I don't think you understand how big the 900D is, I'd suggest that new BeQuiet! Case that came out that was built for water cooling. My Silent Base 800 is already super big. Better yet a 900 fucking D. Fractal and Phanteks also have great choices for better cases.

Why a £70 blue ray optical drive? I've used an optical drive once in the past 5 years.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

21 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

Will that cooler be able to cool that or I mean shit will you overclock that then you need something else I think

OK now I see

Edited by A.T

well I've got almost 6TB to put on it once its built, games aren't getting smaller and with the new microsoft play anywhere I will be getting more triple AAA titles than I do now, since I also play xbox, not to mention I am the camera guy for my airsoft team, but we are looking at all getting 2 camera's each, one gopro style one on a head mount, and a barrel cam, 1080p 60fps footage from my one camera now is around 11gb per hour of footage, that is gonna add up pretty quickly when you add 5 more camera minimum

22 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

A bit.... Overkill.

Few things, 212 Evo, meh. Get a Cryorig M9i or any low tier BeQuiet! cooler, usually same or lower price, and better.

Why 18TB of storage?

I can see you like Corsair, but ew.

Their fans are mediocre, stick to BeQuiet! Or Noctua, you are already spending this much, atleast get quality fans. Ram? Don't get me started, Dominator Platniums are the stupidest fucking product, sorry, but they are. Overpriced as fuck, for what? A bigger epeen? Don't do it, just get LPX.

Your PSU is also overpriced and overkill. Just get a 850w EVGA GS or G2, any SeaSonic or XFX. The case, I don't think you understand how big the 900D is, I'd suggest that new BeQuiet! Case that came out that was built for water cooling. My Silent Base 800 is already super big. Better yet a 900 fucking D. Fractal and Phanteks also have great choices for better cases.

Why a £70 blue ray optical drive? I've used an optical drive once in the past 5 years.

the 212 is a temp while making sure it all works so can change it to the cheapest option as it will only be use for half an hour

Storage check my last reply all explained there

Fans I was thinking about noctua's getting painted anyway so still up in the air on that one

Ram choice Ill be honest is partially aesthetic reasons, 

PSU I forgot to change from a previous change when I still had a 3 card set up

case wise the size is part of the reason I chose it

as for the bluray it is a writer drive that I actually forgot was there... That said I do use the blu ray on my current rig once a week at least

33 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

the 212 is a temp while making sure it all works so can change it to the cheapest option as it will only be use for half an hour

Storage check my last reply all explained there

Fans I was thinking about noctua's getting painted anyway so still up in the air on that one

Ram choice Ill be honest is partially aesthetic reasons, 

PSU I forgot to change from a previous change when I still had a 3 card set up

case wise the size is part of the reason I chose it

as for the bluray it is a writer drive that I actually forgot was there... That said I do use the blu ray on my current rig once a week at least

BeQuiet! Will match better and be just as quiet.

See if the Cryorig M9i or PURE ROCK is cheaper, they're quieter and have better temps.

Just.. Double check the case, seen to many people get it and say its way to big.

With custom loop, just get Corsair LPX, cheaper and the custom loop will over power what RAM you have, people will be focused on that, not what ram you have.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

16 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

BeQuiet! Will match better and be just as quiet.

See if the Cryorig M9i or PURE ROCK is cheaper, they're quieter and have better temps.

Just.. Double check the case, seen to many people get it and say its way to big.

With custom loop, just get Corsair LPX, cheaper and the custom loop will over power what RAM you have, people will be focused on that, not what ram you have.

BeQuiet fans will match is that? 

Will look into the coolers, noise and temps don't matter in this instance, but if they are cheaper then Ill get that instead.

I appreciate the warning on the case, I have no way of actually seeing one before buying it but I have measured the size out and understand what I am getting into.

Edit: Checked the coolers, the 212 is actually the cheapest in the UK at £29 with the pure rock at £33 and the M9i at £64