Antiviruses question

Rob.S

What are the best antiviruses I can buy, that are compatible with Malware-Bytes Anti-Malware and aren't resource-heavy? I plan to use MBAM + antivirus

Just now, Rob.S said:

I have a Windows 10 machine and plan to keep it always updated with Windows Defender active at all times.
It has no other antivirus on it.
I also have a Windows 7 machine with no antivirus.

What are the best antiviruses I can buy, that are compatible with Malware-Bytes Anti-Malware and aren't resource-heavy? I plan to use MBAM + The same antivirus on both windows machines.

All help is appreciated.

Sphos uses about 5-10% of my laptops Intel Core i5-2467m 1.4Ghz Dual Core so it might be a good option but you could just use Malware-Bytes and scan every few days?

4 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Sphos 

Sophos uses 90% HDD during boot, causes my PC to fail starting frequently.

If you got a SSD, you should be fine.

5 minutes ago, Poohl said:

Sophos uses 90% HDD during boot, causes my PC to fail starting frequently.

If you got a SSD, you should be fine.

i have a Samsung 830 Evo in my laptop and my desktop but on my HDD it only used 25%

9 minutes ago, Rob.S said:

I have a Windows 10 machine and plan to keep it always updated with Windows Defender active at all times.
It has no other antivirus on it.
I also have a Windows 7 machine with no antivirus.

What are the best antiviruses I can buy, that are compatible with Malware-Bytes Anti-Malware and aren't resource-heavy? I plan to use MBAM + The same antivirus on both windows machines.

All help is appreciated.

i run eset the cheaper version 2 years was 40$ its wonderful compared to crapeffe and nortian . since you need 2 copies of it go for eset or one that gives you a discount on more then one . its very light and has gamer mode if you never every want to see if it is going a update . when it scans its fairly light will use about 50-80% on the quick mode but does a good scan in about a hour if your under 1mill total scan areas . try their trial they have the 30 day and i think a 90 day one link on twitter i think . also one pc can scan anything on the network which is nice if you have the perms set up right

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Ok thanks all. I might get 

11 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Sphos uses about 5-10% of my laptops Intel Core i5-2467m 1.4Ghz Dual Core so it might be a good option but you could just use Malware-Bytes and scan every few days?

Pretty sure anti malware and anti virus are different. Correct me if wrong, happy to save some money :D

Just now, Rob.S said:

Pretty sure anti malware and anti virus are different. Correct me if wrong, happy to save some money :D

Malware includes PUP's while anti virus is what it says

PUP = Potentially Unwanted Programe

1 minute ago, Rob.S said:

they are some anti virus come with anti malware protection . most dont thats why we have malware bytes =)

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

I have been using Avast for many years. I even have a subscription now, although it is not needed. I never notice it is there, so it hardly uses resources.

I use 360 Total Security on my desktop which is free.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You Should not buy a anti virus it wont give you much of a different except for a bunch of features that you can just do manually, i recommend Avast Free Anti Virus not only is this free but it is very power full and is compatible with malware bytes 

PLEASE READ THIS NEXT PART IMPORTANT

i want you to know that if you get a 3rd party anti virus like avast you should disable windows defender in order to prevent against Program Collision it could completely break your PC After A windows update. i hoped this helped and good luck 

Best Regards - AddisonHawke

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456