Gathering ideas for cheap folding machine

Couple weeks ago I was cleaning out my backyard storage building and I stumbled across a NEW unopened Gigabyte Z77X-D3H ATX motherboard. I bought it, it didn't fit my mATX case and forgot about it. So I've been wondering what the heck I should do with it and figured I could make a Folding rig with it. The budget is ACAP. (as cheap as possible) I can spare about 150 bucks a month. Got two used Sapphire HD6970 cards from a friend for 60 bucks give or take, put some new TIM in between and dusted them off and ran a stress test in my main rig, they work fine but do get loud as fudge. The build is going to be in my shed, which has wired ethernet (don't ask) so noise will NOT be an issue. I got a 32GB SSD for free so I can put some Linux on that. Don't need storage, but I have some 2.5 inch HDs laying around anyway. I also have a be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 580W PSU, which I have recently sent away for a warranty claim. Not sure what I'll be getting back, but probably the same or something similar.

Over the next few weeks I want to gather parts here and there and I'm looking for ideas. I don't need a case, I'm going to put this on a piece of wood or metal of sorts and mount it on the wall. I did look into CPUs, but can't really find nice deals on i5-3570K or i7-3770K units used or otherwise. Big CPU cooler would probably be fun if OCing is going to happen. Not even sure if the mobo can handle that. 

All ideas, comments and remarks are welcome!

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x