Planned Build

My planned build. A bit of it is overkill (the RAM) but I wanted to show what I was planning to build. Also I posted my build before but I made some changes. Suggestions are welcome.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($149.39 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.95 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($429.95 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ B&H) 
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050016-BLED 52.2 CFM  120mm Fans  ($18.69 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050016-BLED 52.2 CFM  120mm Fans  ($18.69 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer G257HU smidpx 25.0" 60Hz Monitor  ($263.19 @ B&H) 
Other: LG Electronics 8X USB 2.0 Super Multi Ultra Slim Portable DVD Rewriter External Drive with M-DISC Support for PC and Mac, Silver (GP60NS50) 
Total: $1621.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 17:04 EDT-0400

Yes, I know the RAM is overkill but don't judge me.

EDIT: RAM is no longer 32GB. Is now 16GB. What should I spend the extra $75 dollars?

I won't judge you for the RAM if you can give me a reason for why you need so much :)

Are you going to be overclocking? If not, just get a 6600 and a 212 evo because you won't have a use for the good cooler and K series.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

I won't judge you for the RAM if you can give me a reason for why you need so much :)

Are you going to be overclocking? If not, just get a 6600 and a 212 evo because you won't have a use for the good cooler and K series.

I'm on a crappy tower at the moment where one time, my brother played minecraft and the computer crashed because the RAM was being overloaded. Don't ask how I'm just as confused as anyone would be. So, I WAS going to get 16GB and then my brother said get 32GB and he would pay for half. I guess it's worth it. I plan to overclock at some point very soon when the PC is built.

6 minutes ago, Diamond_golm said:

I'm on a crappy tower at the moment where one time, my brother played minecraft and the computer crashed because the RAM was being overloaded. Don't ask how I'm just as confused as anyone would be. So, I WAS going to get 16GB and then my brother said get 32GB and he would pay for half. I guess it's worth it. I plan to overclock at some point very soon when the PC is built.

I guess if he is paying for half then it doesn't matter. But, it is still way, way overkill, you just wouldn't be able to use it. You'd only really want 32GB if you doing a ton of video/photo editing.  I assign like 12GB to tekkit classic (modded minecraft) and It never even comes close to that limit (<4-6GB).

Personally I'd get 16GB, and use the extra money to allot more of the budget for a case, if you did that you would have enough money for a really nice case. Cases in the $130-150 range should come with enough of (and good quality) fans too so you don't have to spend $38 on two fans, saving even more money or allowing an even bigger budget for the case.

EDIT: otherwise the build looks good (if you really need the dvd writer for really old games or something) other than the excessive RAM, and it will be a very powerful gaming PC.

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

7 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

I guess if he is paying for half then it doesn't matter. But, it is still way, way overkill, you just wouldn't be able to use it. You'd only really want 32GB if you doing a ton of video/photo editing.  I assign like 12GB to tekkit classic (modded minecraft) and It never even comes close to that limit (<4-6GB).

Personally I'd get 16GB, and use the extra money to allot more of the budget for a case, if you did that you would have enough money for a really nice case.

You have a good point. But I could also get a better mouse. The mouse I'm using I bought off of amazon for $13. Shockingly, I have showed my friends pictures of it asking how much they think it costs. They think it costs like $50, then I tell them it's $13. Then they act like dell bought ANOTHER good computer brand and ruined it. (alienware reference).

EDIT: Yep. I'm gonna show pictures to my friends. Then I might have to lock it in a vault if they get TO jealous. Because I'm dead sure they will be.

32GB RAM is overkill. Everything else looks good but for $1600 I bought my rig and everything is a step up. I would suggest more price comparison. 

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I have a few extra case fans sitting around. They're a month old and I swapped them out for different colors. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

2 minutes ago, Diamond_golm said:

You have a good point. But I could also get a better mouse. The mouse I'm using I bought off of amazon for $13. Shockingly, I have showed my friends pictures of it asking how much they think it costs. They think it costs like $50, then I tell them it's $13. Then they act like dell bought ANOTHER good computer brand and ruined it. (alienware reference).

I did some edits to the reply, take another look.

In reference to that, then not getting the excessive RAM saves you $78, which you can use to get a higher quality case , something like my Corsair C70 is $99, really nice build quality, and comes with great fans, which then saves you $38 in those two fans, and leaves you like $50-80 for a high quality gaming mouse from logitech or corsair and you still get a nice case.

Just now, Vigilante505 said:

32GB RAM is overkill. Everything else looks good but for $1600 I bought my rig and everything is a step up. I would suggest more price comparison. 

Yeah, I won't deny it's overkill. But I do get it for 50% off because my brother is paying for half :) .