i saw this deal on ebay... not sure about it

readdyeddy

its a compromised seller dont buy. ive bought one before but it was sandisk and it turned out to be a compromised seller. luckly i got my money back. and it was the same price as this one too. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

also look at this ad closely. they ripped it off the newegg listing on ebay only newegg would add the limit x number per customer thing.  

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

a friend of mine recently got a sandisk micro SD card for some stupid price like $10, package said it was a 256GB SD card, linux told us it could only store ~25GB worth of data (and after that starts to overwrite itself)

15 minutes ago, manikyath said:

a friend of mine recently got a sandisk micro SD card for some stupid price like $10, package said it was a 256GB SD card, linux told us it could only store ~25GB worth of data (and after that starts to overwrite itself)

hmmm, that isn't too bad... right? 10 dollars for 25gb, not too bad.

6 minutes ago, readdyeddy said:

hmmm, that isn't too bad... right? 10 dollars for 25gb, not too bad.

except it reports as a 256GB card, so if you're not manually formatting it to size, it's basicly self-corrupting.

not to mention it was slow as hell too.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

except it reports as a 256GB card, so if you're not manually formatting it to size, it's basicly self-corrupting.

not to mention it was slow as hell too.

oh.. that sucks..

live and learn. :D

1 minute ago, readdyeddy said:

oh.. that sucks..

live and learn. :D

id still say you shouldnt get that SSD. its a scam 

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

id still say you shouldnt get that SSD. its a scam 

a while back there was a scam around... if i recall the details it was 500GB WD blues for like... a tenner (see a pattern here...)

someone bought one knowing it was a scam, and decided to gut it. gutting resulted in finding a sata to usb converter, and a 4GB USB stick plugged into it.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

a while back there was a scam around... if i recall the details it was 500GB WD blues for like... a tenner (see a pattern here...)

someone bought one knowing it was a scam, and decided to gut it. gutting resulted in finding a sata to usb converter, and a 4GB USB stick plugged into it.

i remember there was a scam for a 11 sandisk ssd 

2 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

i remember there was a scam for a 11 sandisk ssd 

how most of these "scams" work is they pick up manufacturing rejects (for example 32GB micro SD cards that have a large amount of broken sectors, resulting in only 25GB of usable storage), they flash the controller to make it think its some stupidly large amount of storage, and rebadge it as an actual product.