TP-Link Access Point not working

Hi guys. 

I just purchased a TP-Link TL-WA801NDv3 today to upgrade the crappy integrated wifi on my adsl router. It is connected to a TP-Link gigabyte switch which is managed by the the router. The switch is working great, any device connected performs reliably except the access point. 

When ever I try do something while connected to the access point it just stops working, my device remains connected to it but it does not send or receive any packets, I can not even ping the access point during this time, after a minute or 2 it comes back online and then when it hits some traffic it starts this again. I am not sure if it is something I have done wrong or if I just need to return the unit...

It has 2 devices attached to it, my laptop and android phone. It is set up with the correct region settings, power is on medium so as the device is in the same room with me, I have set it to channel 1 which is clear in my area. 

I have also updated it to run the latest firmware but the problem still persists. I have no clue what is causing this, any help would be appreciated.

PS: Attached is a log file from cmd when I ran endless pings on it, you will see the "Request timed out" all over the place

pingLog.txt

43 minutes ago, The Falcon said:

Hi guys. 

I just purchased a TP-Link TL-WA801NDv3 today to upgrade the crappy integrated wifi on my adsl router. It is connected to a TP-Link gigabyte switch which is managed by the the router. The switch is working great, any device connected performs reliably except the access point. 

When ever I try do something while connected to the access point it just stops working, my device remains connected to it but it does not send or receive any packets, I can not even ping the access point during this time, after a minute or 2 it comes back online and then when it hits some traffic it starts this again. I am not sure if it is something I have done wrong or if I just need to return the unit...

It has 2 devices attached to it, my laptop and android phone. It is set up with the correct region settings, power is on medium so as the device is in the same room with me, I have set it to channel 1 which is clear in my area. 

I have also updated it to run the latest firmware but the problem still persists. I have no clue what is causing this, any help would be appreciated.

PS: Attached is a log file from cmd when I ran endless pings on it, you will see the "Request timed out" all over the place

pingLog.txt

I factory reset it and just changed the ssid and password and its fine now, note do not modifty the basic settings...