PC Shutdowns and Reboots at random times.

Fexxo

Hi

Ok so some background, over the last year I have been slowly upgrading my PC. Started by replacing my power supply and then graphics card. Now my whole rig is brand new.

None of my parts besides my Internal HDD is older than a year. When my friend assembled the last of my parts he ran a stress test for 15 hours and no issues came up.

Now about a week after I got my computer back it did this instant turn off, then started up again freezing at the ASUS screen that appears just before Windows 10 boots up. Rebooting it again, would give me an "Anti Surge has been activated to due to power surge". Something along those lines. It did it once and then never again until 2 weeks ago where it is now doing it at least 3 times a night every day now. It usually stops doing this quite late in the night once everyone staying with me has gone to sleep.

So, my Internal HDD does have a lose cable and I thought it might be this, tried wiggling it while my pc was on and it didn't reproduce the error. Tried switching off the Anti Surge in my BIOS and it still has the issue, besides the message. Got surge protector plugs but still doesn't fix it.

Could it be bad wiring in the house that is causing this.

Specs:

Galax 97NQH6DNB4TX GeForce GTX 970 EXOC Black Edition 4096MB GDDR5 256-bit PCI-Express 3.0 Desktop Graphics Card

Asus Z170-A Intel Z170 Chipset LGA1151 Skylake ATX USB3.1 Desktop Motherboard

Intel i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad Core Unlocked 14nm Skylake Socket LGA1151 Desktop CPU

G.Skill F4-2400C15D-8GVR Ripjaws V 8GB (2x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 CL15 1.20V Red Desktop Memory

Seasonic 80 Plus Gold Certified - 750Watt Power Supply

Could be a short in the system somewhere. Are you sure no screws ever fell during your build?

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

It's probably your power supply. My Corsair HX750 Silver was working fine and then would randomly cut out and restart on its own. Since it worked fine in between outages I didn't know what to suspect. But I've switched to an EVGA 650w P2 and I have not had the issue even once.

I had a similar problem with random reboots and was suspecting my power supply which I had replaced a couple moths prior to the issue starting, but it turned out to be the cable seating in the power supply which was causing my mobo to not get proper 12v.

i7 4790K | MSI Z97S Krait | Gigabyte 980ti Gaming G1 SLI |  2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB + WD Black 4TB | EVGA Supernova P2 1200 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo (White)| Dell P2715Q x2 | Corsiar K70 | Corsair M95 | Full Custom Loop CPU + GPUs