AMD Gaming Evolved?

So as some might have heard the new AMD and Raptr software called "Gaming Evolved" is in beta. And I was wondering how your experiences with it have been so far if you have had any?

DL: http://raptr.com/amd

It's really no different from the original Raptr... nothing more than a skinned makeover and a game optimization feature that hardly works.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

No where near the same. It's nothing more than an automated system that tries to do what you can already do through CCC or Nvidia's CP. The Optimization feature modifies/tweaks game settings (ini files?) and registry entries to get the performance, balance or quality you select before hitting the Apply button. Nothing special and I prefer my own tweaking over it.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

So as some might have heard the new AMD and Raptr software called "Gaming Evolved" is in beta. And I was wondering how your experiences with it have been so far if you have had any?

DL: http://raptr.com/amd

It's really no different from the original Raptr... nothing more than a skinned makeover and a game optimization feature that hardly works.

To be fair, it is in Beta, and a real one at that (i.e. there is a finished product it is working towards).

I personally love it. Simply because it is a social networking app that connects all the social networking apps (Steam, PSN, XBL, Facebook, Twitter, etc) and it gives free stuff. 

It has all the positives and no negatives that I can find so far. Plus, it's overlay works alongside Steam's overlay. In other words, if I want to jump into Steam's overlay, I hit Shift + Tab. If I want to jump into Raptr's overlay, I hit Ctrl + Tab. But both work. 

I like it personally. Particularly because it also compares my gameplay time and achievements to other people. I like tangible e-peen. Intangible e-peen is never fun.

No where near the same. It's nothing more than an automated system that tries to do what you can already do through CCC or Nvidia's CP. The Optimization feature modifies/tweaks game settings (ini files?) and registry entries to get the performance, balance or quality you select before hitting the Apply button. Nothing special and I prefer my own tweaking over it.

I think the novelty of that is that it compares your system to other systems just like yours. Meaning it is much faster rather than doing it yourself, while being potentially just as good. 

But it's in beta, as I said. We will see if it does actually get just as good as tweaking it yourself.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I do have it running for the stat tracking of my XBL, PC/Steam, and PSN gaming.

I do have it running for the stat tracking of my XBL, PC/Steam, and PSN gaming.

This is what I meant by what I particularly liked about it. I didn't mean it in the sense of "Oh, I can share my statuses with everyone at once." but in the sense of "It aggregates all my achievements and play time into a single profile from every gaming network." Though the first thing is ... "nice" (I don't have friends or anyone who I would find sharing such things with meaningful), the second thing is "fun" (the way e-peen is fun).

Just felt the need to clarify. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Luckily I have a few friends who have multiple platforms for which they play their games so it really helps when keeping in contact with them specifically. Been using Raptr for quite some time now and the only thing I really use the beta for is the darker color scheme. Otherwise it's business as usual.