Corsair VOID or HyperX Cloud?

wolfie495

the Corsair VOID (wireless) and HyperX Cloud II (wired) are pretty much the exact price on Amazon for $80. And as a CS:GO player, I was wondering what would be the best. I think the wires on headphones are extremely annoying while the Cloud II might have better sound because its wired and less latency. If anyone has one of these, please tell me what you do and do not like about them. Thanks

42 minutes ago, wolfie495 said:

the Corsair VOID (wireless) and HyperX Cloud II (wired) are pretty much the exact price on Amazon for $80. And as a CS:GO player, I was wondering what would be the best. I think the wires on headphones are extremely annoying while the Cloud II might have better sound because its wired and less latency. If anyone has one of these, please tell me what you do and do not like about them. Thanks

Cloud II owner here.

I really like them, they're comfortable and really well built, with great sound for a gaming headset. The mic is OK, nothing special. The digital 7.1 surround might be useful for competitive FPSs since you can hear exactly where shots are coming from. I don't play CS:GO myself but I imagine they'd be a great pair of headphones for it. I don't find the wire annoying at all gaming normally, the only time it is is slightly irritating is when I am playing Rocket League or something like that, leaning back with a controller.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I'm a Cloud II owner as well. Nice and comfy and gets the job done. I watched several reviews before on the Void and I vaguely recall them having crap battery life because of the LEDs on them. Roughly 6 hours with LEDs on and 25ish without LEDs on. 6 hours might seems like a long time, but that's not even a day of gaming and you'd have to charge the headset every day, which might be a deal breaker for some (me). Speaking of charging, what really swayed me from the Void was the USB plug on the headset. The port is SOLELY for charging. For the headset to work, you need the dongle so and if whatever reason  you wanted to use it with wires, you wouldn't be able to. (This is probably more annoying on wireable wireless mice.) Mic isn't detachable while the Clouds are if you plan on taking them outside the house. Generally speaking  for audio, I'd always go with wired just for the quality. 

Intel 2600k @ 4.5 GHz | CoolerMaster 212 Evo | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | XFX 7950 Black Ed. Corsair Vengeance RAM (4x4GB)NZXT Phantom 820 | Rosewill 1000w Bronze

ASUS VN248H-P IPS | LG E2742 | Logitech Z623 | Logitech G600 |Steelseries QcK Heavy | Corsair K90 MX Red | Ducky Shine Year of the Goat MX RedErgotech Freedom Arm