Disk at 100% Possible Cache issue?

TheGhzGuy

Hello all! 

My mom has a 5 year old laptop with an Ivy Bridge era i5, a SATA II, 1 TB Hard Drive, and Windows 10. Recently, the laptop has frozen up for 10 minutes at a time, work for half a minute, then lock up again. Today I found that the disk seemed to not be transferring any data, at all. My dad is assuming there is something wrong with the amount of space allocated to the cache storage, which gets flooded, then it freezes. That's his guess, I have no idea. I ran a PassMark Disk Check and everything came out clean, so I'm at a loss. 

Thanks for the help!

IMG_20160801_213221.jpg

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Time to reformat or get a new drive. Had a similar issue with my laptop and the best fix was just to back up what i could and go and buy an SSD

Backup and reinstall Windows, fixed it for me.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Try to run a chkdsk /r on the hdd before anything else. Sometimes it will help. Otherwise, I agree with the others. New HDD time.

The only thing we have to fear is... Stupidity...