Small amount of help required CSS+PHP

ThyFeared

Hey everyone I've got my own website up and running but I want to make changes to my current theme. I know a little about CSS but nothing about PHP  and I need help for something small with both CSS and PHP. If you can help I'd prefer to use skype so I can show you what i'm talking  about. I'm just looking to make a change to my theme. Thanks!

Just now, madknight3 said:

Are you hand coding everything yourself or using something like Wordpress?

Using wordpress. I know how to edit the theme I'm just clueless on a few things.

Just now, ThyFeared said:

Using wordpress. I know how to edit the theme I'm just clueless on a few things.

I'm not very familiar with WordPress and PHP so I probably wouldn't be of much help. Hopefully some of the PHP people see this (might want to edit your title to include the CSS & PHP part).

1 minute ago, madknight3 said:

I'm not very familiar with WordPress and PHP so I probably wouldn't be of much help. Hopefully some of the PHP people see this (might want to edit your title to include the CSS & PHP part).

Will do, thanks :)

Your post very vague. So we know you know a little css and no php but you have not given us any information on what you're planning to accomplish. What do you want to change.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, vorticalbox said:

Your post very vague. So we know you know a little css and no php but you have not given us any information on what you're planning to accomplish. What do you want to change.

I'm mostly trying to change the css for my theme since there's not enough content space. It's very mushed together  and I want to make it wider. There's also a few widgets I want to remove.

Just now, ThyFeared said:

I'm mostly trying to change the css for my theme since there's not enough content space. It's very mushed together  and I want to make it wider. There's also a few widgets I want to remove.

You could maybe look at the theme customizer, I think that's the name. It allows you change pretty much all of it.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, vorticalbox said:

You could maybe look at the theme customizer, I think that's the name. It allows you change pretty much all of it.

The theme customizer doesn't allow me to do that since there's a "pro" version that costs $49. I was told you  could just edit it all in the CSS of  the theme and so far it's been working I just need help figuring out some things.

23 hours ago, ThyFeared said:

The theme customizer doesn't allow me to do that since there's a "pro" version that costs $49. I was told you  could just edit it all in the CSS of  the theme and so far it's been working I just need help figuring out some things.

So, buy the 'Pro' version or ask some specific questions. Or if somebody wants to chat for free, at least make a list with all your questions so you cant go throw them really quickly. For me, this looks more like 'I don't want to learn from the ground up, just want some services for free', correct me if I am wrong. 

In my experience, there is no such thing as a 'small amount of help', specially if you say, that you know little css and no php. ;) 

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7