One final overview before ordering

Hello all! I wanted to get one final approval before I order all my parts. I received a lot of help from another member but deicded to make a change to the motherboard. I didnt want to bother the other member so I decided to post again to get everyone's approval. Please review and let me know if you see any issues. Computer is for video editing on a low budget. Thanks in advanced!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hVhdm8

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherGeek said:

Hello all! I wanted to get one final approval before I order all my parts. I received a lot of help from another member but deicded to make a change to the motherboard. I didnt want to bother the other member so I decided to post again to get everyone's approval. Please review and let me know if you see any issues. Computer is for video editing on a low budget. Thanks in advanced!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hVhdm8

Replace the motherboard for a different one. That is used for overclocking. You've chosen a locked one. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Why an i7 for an RX 480?

Seems like a bit of a waste.

Motherboard is also quite expensive, and you could get a better SSD for the price.

Either replace the motherboard for different chipset or step up to 6700K.

And PSU is overkill, a good 550W is all you need if you never consider to Crossfire that 480 in the future.

5 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Replace the motherboard for a different one. That is used for overclocking. You've chosen a locked one. 

opinion on this motherboard?

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherGeek said:

opinion on this motherboard?

You can go with H series motherboards.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-GAMING 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($77.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $77.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-30 04:56 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 minutes ago, Ichi said:

Either replace the motherboard for different chipset or step up to 6700K.

And PSU is overkill, a good 550W is all you need if you never consider to Crossfire that 480 in the future.

I want the ability to upgrade in the near future

2 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

You can go with H series motherboards.

I want a motherboard that I can handle upgrades within a year. This one was recommended on my last build

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/RrVBD3/gigabyte-motherboard-gah170d3h

but I thought about getting something a little better for future upgrades

thoughts about this? http://pcpartpicker.com/product/C4s8TW/asus-motherboard-sabertoothz170s

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherGeek said:

I want a motherboard that I can handle upgrades within a year. This one was recommended on my last build

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/RrVBD3/gigabyte-motherboard-gah170d3h

but I thought about getting something a little better for future upgrades

thoughts about this? http://pcpartpicker.com/product/C4s8TW/asus-motherboard-sabertoothz170s

The problem here is your processor choice.

If you're going to stick with that 6700 non-K version, then you won't need Z170 motherboard.

I'd say just get the 6700K for $50 more.

Okay, you know what, give us the budget and we'll cook something else for you.

Personally I find the case and PSU overkill and you can't decide on the proper CPU+mobo combo.

3 minutes ago, Ichi said:

The problem here is your processor choice.

If you're going to stick with that 6700 non-K version, then you won't need Z170 motherboard.

I'd say just get the 6700K for $50 more.

Okay, you know what, give us the budget and we'll cook something else for you.

Personally I find the case and PSU overkill and you can't decide on the proper CPU+mobo combo.

Lets stay around $1300 for the budget. 

Just now, JustAnotherGeek said:

Lets stay around $1300 for the budget. 

Do you absolutely need that optical drive?

Just now, Ichi said:

Do you absolutely need that optical drive?

I do not need that specific one 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherGeek said:

I do not need that specific one 

I mean if you need it then I'll include it in the build.

If you don't really use any CD/DVD then just get rid of it to fund something else in the build.

And do you prefer any specific color scheme?

2 minutes ago, Ichi said:

I mean if you need it then I'll include it in the build.

If you don't really use any CD/DVD then just get rid of it to fund something else in the build.

And do you prefer any specific color scheme?

I added just in case if I needed it. I know it is rare that I find that I need a optical drive but I want it just in case. I was going to go with a white case /blue LED scheme

12 minutes ago, JustAnotherGeek said:

I added just in case if I needed it. I know it is rare that I find that I need a optical drive but I want it just in case. I was going to go with a white case /blue LED scheme

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($344.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.38 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($119.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($71.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($73.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card  ($249.99 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (White) ATX Full Tower Case  ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.98 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.88 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($83.89 @ OutletPC) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1270.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-30 05:34 EDT-0400

I didn't change the case, that's personal preference, just change few things here and there and 650W is enough for crossfire 480 if you want to add another card in the future.

Obviously not the best I can do without proper research on every single components, others can help fix the list later.

Buy a i5 6600K and GTX 1070. Mobo is so useless with that locked i7 when you get a b150 or h170 you can get a better SSD. And do not buy that case because it looks like you are not custom looping your system so why full tower? If you want a sharp edgey design case i recommend you corsair spec alpha here is a link http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/specalpha. Have a good day mate.

ok im gonna have to think about the build some more. Thanks guys!