Random freeze?

CandleJakk
Go to solution Solved by Nixblicker,

There you go - odd behaviour with fresh beta drivers - roll back and wait for the "stable" release ;)

Hi guys, earlier this morning when I was watching YouTube (other open programs: LoL, Steam), then the screen froze and through my headphones the audio went distorted for one second then made a long, monotone humming noise (worrying). Normally, this would be where it turned off (?) I assume, but it didn't (whew). So then I go into my League game, and every 2 seconds it freezes, so I restart my PC and everything is fine again, and it has been fine for 2hrs. Quite worried, the parts are only a month or so old, so they shouldn't be playing up... Admittedly I haven't dusted my PC (shit scared to dust it as I'm new to building, this is my first build). So yeah... Anyone got any ideas? Just a one off? Thanks!

I had something similar with some Realtek Sounddrivers once AFTER an update - downloaded the original ones from the mainboard manufacturers website and used those older ones - no problems since.

Might just be a one off as you said though.

14 minutes ago, Nixblicker said:

I had something similar with some Realtek Sounddrivers once AFTER an update - downloaded the original ones from the mainboard manufacturers website and used those older ones - no problems since.

Might just be a one off as you said though.

Alright cool, now that I think about it, I downloaded the new beta GPU drivers yesterday. Although when I played LoL yesterday all was fine... hmm, yeah hopefully it's a one off, else I'll try downloading old drivers, thanks! :)

There you go - odd behaviour with fresh beta drivers - roll back and wait for the "stable" release ;)