Slow startup?

SmilesRising

so lately my pc has been very slow when i start it up. i get to the screen where i type in my password in about 15 seconds, but when i type it in and press enter it loads for at least 40 seconds.. why? i have a 240gb ssd..

Watches and computers                    

You either have an old ssd, it's a low end new ssd, or you have too many programs trying to start up when you log on. Go into your task manager, go to startup, and see if there are a bunch of programs enabled that are labeled "high" in startup impact. There could be some obscure problem in the works but that's your most likely scenario. 

10 hours ago, Scdouglas said:

You either have an old ssd, it's a low end new ssd, or you have too many programs trying to start up when you log on. Go into your task manager, go to startup, and see if there are a bunch of programs enabled that are labeled "high" in startup impact. There could be some obscure problem in the works but that's your most likely scenario. 

i turned off all of the startups that had "high" on it but its still slow.. i have a 240gb hyperx fury SSD

Watches and computers