Please help

WarmasterCain55

So I have jus finished transferring the guts of my dell xPs 8300 into the nzxt s340 and by some grace of god I didn't break anything.  I looked up how to connect the case fans via the pers cable and did a test boot while the case was still open and the cpu and case fans seem to run fine.  However when I fully hooked it up to my displays and booted it, I got an error that said system fan failure.  Is it trying to look at the fan from the other case?

Is it possible to put the original fan into the case somewhere and reconnect it if that is the case?

What is saying "System fan failure?", did you make sure all fans are connected appropriately? 

15 minutes ago, WarmasterCain55 said:

Is it possible to put the original fan into the case somewhere and reconnect it if that is the case?

are ye using splitters?

it might also be that the fans are pulling to many amps or volts from the connector

Post is saying it upon first boot before the Windows icon shows up.  There was only one way to connect it via the parnet cables from my instructions that i looked up.  There is a port on the mb that is remaining empty where the previous fan used to be. I bet if I hooked up another fan to that port, it will fix issue.

Ok, im reseated the cpu fan, nada.  I plugged the first fan pin the empty spot and held it while it booted.  No error. Took it out and booted, same error.  So I think it wants something in that spot.  All fans are running fine.

Ok so update.

I went to the store and got a thermalliink 12 with an led ring.  Hooked it up and no more errors.  Yay!

Now another problem is the front headphone jacks do not work and I think i know why.  The MB does not currently support usb 3.0 which is why I did not plug in the resulting connecttion.  Now I am wondering if the headphone jack is included in it.  Can someone confirm for me it is such a thing?  I know I won't be able to use it for 2.0 so I'll just cover them up.

The case has to connect to the motherboard in order for the headphone jacks to work.

Sorry forgot about this thread.  Turns out the connection wasn't seated properly.  Once it was reseated, it started working.