Need suggestions

Ok so I got an old HP Pavilion P6604Y from my dad the other day that has an AM3 motherboard, Athlon x2 220, 6gbs of ddr3 1333, and a 1tb hard drive. I just so happened to have a seasonic 500w psu lying around, and an old HD 6870 1gb gpu. So I decided what the hell I'll make this a little light gaming pc. I went to best buy and picked up a PNY 120gb ssd for like $40 and ordered a Phenom II x6 1055t cpu off of ebay because HP's website says the motherboard supports it. I got the cpu the other day and went through the process of putting all of these parts into the system. Fired it up and it turns on. I got excited! Then after roughly 5-6 seconds shut off immediately. Tried again. Same thing. I checked everything over with a fine tooth comb and everything was in place and correct. Figured maybe I just needed to pull the cmos battery and let that clear. Did that and same issue. Ok so maybe a bios update is in order. Surely that'll fix it? HP DOESN'T HAVE ANY BIOS SUPPORT. WTF?! So I'm officially at my wits end. Everything works fine with the 220 cpu in it but not the 1055t.. I need fresh ideas or suggestions. HP's customer service is garbage and not much help. I know someone on here has the solution! HELP ME!! 

Likely Problem= you bought the CPU off eBay

Blue screens eh? Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

Cpus dead, send it back.

if you payed with paypal just get a refund or ask them to resend one

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

i'd recommend buying a FX 6350 and running it under the stock cooler if you want a 6 core. It should be compatible as I was running a FX 6350 fine on a cheap am3 motherboard before i bought a better one a couple of years ago.

6 hours ago, spidsepttk said:

i'd recommend buying a FX 6350 and running it under the stock cooler if you want a 6 core. It should be compatible as I was running a FX 6350 fine on a cheap am3 motherboard before i bought a better one a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately my current motherboard does not support that cpu. 

Reviving my post. So I finally got a message to pop up on screen saying "unsupported cpu. will shut down in 5 seconds". According to HP's website for the model of this desktop and the motherboard it SHOULD support it. Problem is there isn't a bios update on the website, nor do I find anything on the web. So new suggestions?? Thanks!

Also want to note that the cpu does check out in another AM3 motherboard. Also HP support charges for hardware suggestions over the phone. I refuse to pay them to explain why the hell my motherboard doesn't except my cpu. That's BS if you ask me.