Screen flickering and no signal received

Sean-

Ok im getting random no signal received and sometimes screen flickering, last time it happened i was playing GTA V full screen in 4k, i used alt+tab to go to desktop, and got crazy screen flickering, and i could not get the display back, had to restart the computer

I have 1080 Strix in SLI

Asus 27" PG27AQ 4K IPS G-Sync ROG Gaming Monitor

Power settings are set to performance in windows as ive seen this can cause issues

Im using HDMI cable from GFX card 1

I have a 1000w platinum EVGA PSU

Im using NVIDIAs recommended settings in game, and windows resolution is set to 4k

Anyone have any ideas what can cause this?

I dont see any pattern, i get the screen flicker less often than the complete loss of signal, but i did have this happen when i had 980 Ti' in SLI too, so i think that rules out the cards themselves, but could be a setting somewhere?

I only had the 980s for a few days and returned them when the 1080s came in stock, and monitor is 1 week old also.

Thanks

Just to add, im using the ASUS SLI flexible bridge i got with my Hero VIII board, im waiting for the ASUS ROG Enthusiast bridge to be delivered Monday, not sure if this will help but im out of ideas!

37 minutes ago, Sean- said:

Just to add, im using the ASUS SLI flexible bridge i got with my Hero VIII board, im waiting for the ASUS ROG Enthusiast bridge to be delivered Monday, not sure if this will help but im out of ideas!

in order to use 4k you need either a LED sli bridge, or one of the new HB sli bridges. If you use 2 flexible bridges to connect both fingers then you can circumvent most of the issues.But if you're having 4k gaming issues or benchmarking issues, then that is most likely why.

LL

28 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

in order to use 4k you need either a LED sli bridge, or one of the new HB sli bridges. If you use 2 flexible bridges to connect both fingers then you can circumvent most of the issues.But if you're having 4k gaming issues or benchmarking issues, then that is most likely why.

LL

Ive measured and its a 60mm space, so ordered the 1 slot 60mm space NVIDIA one, hopefully it fits!

Thanks

You can also just count the slots. between each PCIe slot, there is 20mm. So if your motherboard has 2 spaces (x16 slot, and then room for another slot below it before your next x16 slot) then its 40mm. If its 3 spaces, then its 60mm. There is also 80MM ones, but usually that is for motherboards with x16 slots every 2 spaces, and then you use x16 1 and 3 and leave the second slot empty. the reason for that is to increase airflow.

To give you an idea of what I mean, look at this motherboard:
Z170%20Pro%20Gaming_01.jpg

The distance between the top x16 slot and the second x16 slot is 3 PCIe slots, so 60mm. the distance between the second x16 slot and the third x16 slot is 2 PCIe slots, so 40mm. If you're ever unsure, then there is no reason not to measure, but now you will never be unsure =)