School Project PT2, Nutanix style design

GreyDeathangel

Hello,

Okay guys again I've returned for some advice for this school project that I'm currently working on. We've (I mean my group and instructor) have been discussing a All-in-one solution such as Nutanix style system (which has the server, switch, and storage all in the same unit) for are school project design. This is all just a what if seinerio.

What we were looking at is this

Server Room.

1 rack with a single outlet which is backed up by generator (I've already determined a need to have are UPS throttle this)

we were looking at a router to the ISP, a router connecting to the other Active Directory servers (these need to be separate, but able to trust a single group).

a Nutanix or something similar system (all-in-one) (we're going to use these as are Virtual Hosts for this network). (I plan on needing to find a Cloud Based solution to have off-site backups).

Plus some UPS(s) to power and throttle the generator power

BackBone

this is going to be all fiber (we are going to be looking at checking out the costs of a subcontractor to install all the cabling)

Lab 1

1 switch (instructor recommended a GBIC solution)

1 wireless access point

1 networked printer

1 networked projector

31 workstations (all zero clients)

Lab 2

1 wireless access point

1 networked printer

1 networked projector

31 workstations (all zero clients)

Lab 3

1 wireless access point

1 networked printer

1 networked smartboard

31 workstations (all MACs, so were going to need to design a way to intergrate these into the AD that were creating)

We then need to design a active directory scheme for all of this, a security/maintaince plan, and also (my major part) disaster recovery plan)

This is one heck of a project, and we need to have a rough draft by the end of next week.

thanks in advance for any help you guys could provide,

dave