Does the Razer Black Widow 2013 Support Keycaps?

Go to solution Solved by Atmos,

if it uses cherry mx switches, then absolutely yes it can be replaced.

Even if it uses razer's proprietary switches then it still supports cherry keycaps, since they use the same stem.

Hey Guys, 

I have a razer black widow 2013 (the non led ones). I know for a fact that this is still the keyboard that still uses cherry mx mechanical keys (think maybe blues). But I was wondering if it is possible to replace the keycaps of this keyboard with custom ones that i can buy online. It's not necessarily going to be all the keys, maybe just the WASD, Esc, and windows key. I'm just wondering because I know razer likes to have their stuff proprietary. If it is possible to replace the keys let me know if it's all keys, or just some. Also is there a specific brand/make of custom key caps that I need to buy for this keyboard or can it be any keycap that supports cherry MX? 

Thanks in advance,

Kev

if it uses cherry mx switches, then absolutely yes it can be replaced.

Even if it uses razer's proprietary switches then it still supports cherry keycaps, since they use the same stem.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Thanks man that's just the information I was looking for

Be wary that some keys are not standard size / pattern like all the bottom row and some other keys so you won't be able to replace everything unless you find the specific caps.