Razer Blade 2014: battery replacement

Hello,

My Razer Blade 2014 has been having severe battery issues (100% - 0% in less than 2.5 hours on light web browsing) and I am looking to somehow fix these issues. I am having difficulty finding the replacement battery part. I have contacted their support and they have sent these instructions:

As per the description provided on battery issue, please perform the following troubleshooting steps first in order to eliminate the possibility of a software issue.

Follow the steps given here to uninstall the drivers from the Device Manager.

1. Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Expand the "Batteries" section. A list of devices will appear.

4. Look for Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery  

5. Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

6. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device's removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

7. After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible. 

(Windows will automatically detect and reinstall the drivers upon reboot)

Once the steps above has been completed, please do the following: 

1. Turn off the laptop, allow it to charge overnight while powered off (not sleeping/hibernating) 

2. Unplug the charger then power it on and use the laptop battery until it powers down

3. Charge the laptop to full again. 

Note: This will calibrate the charging sensor. 

Overnight = at least 8 hours

I am planning to try these tricks but I have a feeling a full battery replacement is in order (especially after 2+ years of heavy usage). By the way, anyone still thinking of buying a Razer Blade: just do it. It's absolutely amazing, even two years later! I paid $2,700 for mine and can't imagine getting an even better one for hundreds less nowadays.

Thanks!

Eric

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

Yup. Follow the steps and If it still fails, get a new battery.

That's the procedure.

3 minutes ago, UnitD77 said:

Yup. Follow the steps and If it still fails, get a new battery.

That's the procedure.

Is it possible to source the battery without going through Razer? Apparently they charge around $250....

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

if theres only a way which razer could get good batteries

My 3 minute google search found no information except one forum. Basically said, no one sells the batteries except shady ebay sites randomly from time to time. So yes, You'll have to send it into Razor... And cry for your now drained wallet.

4 minutes ago, Samson_ST said:

if theres only a way which razer could get good batteries

Considering the CPU/GPU performance levels, it was a great battery while it lasted (3+ hours of BF4) but has degraded significantly since then, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, UnitD77 said:

My 3 minute google search found no information except one forum. Basically said, no one sells the batteries except shady ebay sites randomly from time to time. So yes, You'll have to send it into Razor... And cry for your now drained wallet.

Thanks. I looked for about an hour today and couldnt find anything. Was hoping someone on LTT may have had insight. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently I am not the only one with this problem. It sucks we have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a battery replacement. Given the fact that razer messed up by using a poor quality battery with the 2014 model, they should replace them at no cost.