Tablet/Monitor combo

CJCutrone9

So... First off... Hey everyone! Been lowkey watching LinusTechTips for a while, decided to jump on the forums! :D

I'm in the process of building a new desk to replace the one that is literally as old as I am, and simultaneously, I'm wanting to upgrade my 5 year old PC. I've decided to go ahead and also get a bunch of peripherals that I've been wanting as well. One of them is a monitor that I can use to do digital art on. I bought a Wacom intuous tablet a while ago, but the problem with it, (for me at least) is mentally connecting the brush tool on screen, with the pen on my desk. I looked around and have seen the tablet/pc in one combos that Wacom has, that allows you to draw on the screen. It's just that those cost as much as a full blown PC, without being able to do the tasks of a normal PC. I've been wondering if anyone knows of a computer monitor that I could use in combination with a "pen" to achieve the same affect of a tablet/pc while on my PC I'm building.

Additionally, is there a type of pen that would allow me to "draw on" said monitor without it picking up my hand that's resting on the screen?

Thanks in advance guys! :)