Planning a PC build for holidays 2016

iJohnify
Go to solution Solved by antisleep,

Here's another build for ~$1000 + GPU, but a little overkill for 1080p: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/tCRtgL

Btw, I played skyrim with over 100 mods+ENB and that's on a Black WD drive (no space on my ssd) and i didn't have any issues with loading times.

So this is my first post on the forums and I thought this would be a good place to ask this question.

About a week ago I ordered a Xbox One so I can play with my friends and it comes with the elite controller which I will use on PC later when I get one. I'm looking to build a PC for Skyrim special edition and fallout 4 with mods, also Dayz and some other games that are easy to run. There is a catch i was gifted some ram which is DDR3 so I am stuck on z97 I also already have windows 8.1 disk and an optical drive. I'm going for $650-$700 dollars I would like to have a GTX 1060 when released. $650-700 not including graphics card and would like and ssd.

Thank you so much this is a good base but I forgot to clarify that I would like a ssd for long loading times in skyrim and fallout and the $700 was not including a graphics card. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ that is what i have so far.  

16 minutes ago, iJohnify said:

Thank you so much this is a good base but I forgot to clarify that I would like a ssd for long loading times in skyrim and fallout and the $700 was not including a graphics card. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ that is what i have so far.  

Do you need peripherals such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers/headset, or an OS? You can get a pretty good computer for 700 bucks not including the cost of RAM or GPU if those things are not taken into account.

for 650 (including OS, and no peripherals) you could get something like this. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/s8csZ8

9 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Do you need peripherals such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers/headset, or an OS? You can get a pretty good computer for 700 bucks not including the cost of RAM or GPU if those things are not taken into account.

I have peripherals and a disk for windows i'm good on all that just the PC with no RAM or GPU the only thing that is holding me back is I have DDR3 so I have to have z97. BTW YOUR BUILD IS JESUS !

5 minutes ago, iJohnify said:

I have peripherals and a disk for windows i'm good on all that just the PC with no RAM or GPU the only thing that is holding me back is I have DDR3 so I have to have z97.

Why not sell the ram and have a more future proof skylake system?

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

1 minute ago, antisleep said:

Why not sell the ram and have a more future proof skylake?

I got it for $30 which would I would have to sell for so cheap on eBay because shipping would take away the value and overall i would end up with like $15 which is not enough for ddr4

1 minute ago, iJohnify said:

I got it for $30 which would I would have to sell for so cheap on eBay because shipping would take away the value and overall i would end up with like $15 which is not enough for ddr4

You have $700 budget and that's without the gpu. $30 is nothing compared to having a current gen system man.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($298.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($57.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($55.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $688.91

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

3 minutes ago, antisleep said:

You have $700 budget and that's without the gpu. $30 is nothing compared to having a current gen system man.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($298.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($57.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($55.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $688.91

This is a great system ! I might be willing to pay more money to have an ATX motherboard 

Here's another build for ~$1000 + GPU, but a little overkill for 1080p: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/tCRtgL

Btw, I played skyrim with over 100 mods+ENB and that's on a Black WD drive (no space on my ssd) and i didn't have any issues with loading times.

2 minutes ago, antisleep said:

THANK YOU, I like those builds that you created i'm going to go with the i5 build and maybe change a few things. I don't think I need the I7 for what i'm doing and its cheaper which means I can get it sooner !

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, iJohnify said:

THANK YOU, I like those builds that you created i'm going to go with the i5 build and maybe change a few things. I don't think I need the I7 for what i'm doing and its cheaper which means I can get it sooner !

I just got the i7 because it fit your budget. if you want cheaper, we can do that.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/yJr8Yr

For less than 500 bucks you can have that, then throw in your memory and GPU of choice. But other guys in this thread are right. Memory is so cheap that even if its free you don't need to let yourself be limited to an older platform due to that.

7 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

I just got the i7 because it fit your budget. if you want cheaper, we can do that.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/yJr8Yr

For less than 500 bucks you can have that, then throw in your memory and GPU of choice. But other guys in this thread are right. Memory is so cheap that even if its free you don't need to let yourself be limited to an older platform due to that.

To be honest I may combine parts from all of your guys's post and make the best I can. Im asking for the cheapest parts for my birthday and the expensive parts like GPU and CPU for Christmas. I have $600 saved up but my Mom wont let me use it since its for my car which is bull i could have a PC now if it wasn't for that ! D: