Visual Studio Express 2015 vs. Visual Studio Community 2015

I currently have Visual Studio Community, and it works great on even disastrous PCs like mine (with only a Sandy-Bridge Pentium). But its got too many features that I don't use, like ASP.NET, Visual C#, VB, Visual F#, Python, Javascript, etc. (this slows my PC down to such an extent that when I even restore my minimized window of VS, it freezes). I'd like to understand the difference between Visual Studio Community and Visual Studio Express (both 2015), specifically whether the Express edition loses any feature that Community has, and why you would recommend one over the other.

Thanks! :)

Nothing to see here ;)

Your use case seems to be exactly what the Express versions target, seems unlikely you'll have features missing unless you actually use dev assistant.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/onecode/2014/11/12/differences-between-visual-studio-community-edition-and-express-editions/

I also think a lot of VS lag, esp. on startup, is drive-related (lots of on-disk caching going on in my experience) so for future consideration don't worry so much about the CPU

Current: i7 990x / GTX 950 / 12 GB RAM / Micro ATX

Waiting for the next amazing Mini ITX case!

6 minutes ago, Ktk said:

Your use case seems to be exactly what the Express versions target, seems unlikely you'll have features missing unless you actually use dev assistant.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/onecode/2014/11/12/differences-between-visual-studio-community-edition-and-express-editions/

I also think a lot of VS lag, esp. on startup, is drive-related (lots of on-disk caching going on in my experience) so for future consideration don't worry so much about the CPU

You are correct - at times it takes around even 5 minutes just for VS to startup! Even if it's primarily disk-caching, most of it is unnecessary, since I only use C and C++ (and all the basic features of the IDE too). The CPU does affect it too, as the performance will obviously be leagues ahead with an i5 / i7, especially in compiling, building, debugging, Intellisense, etc.

Thanks a ton! :)

Nothing to see here ;)