gtx 750 ti maxing 405 clock

I have encountered a problem with my 750 ti.

atleast i think its a problem, because it has been maxing and not going over 405 core clock when it was like a month ago around 1200 clock.

i dont know what to do anymore and i hope some of you know the issue.

Thanks.

Reboot your PC.

That can happen when the GPU drivers crash and is usually fixed with a reboot.

1 hour ago, melroy said:

I have encountered a problem with my 750 ti.

atleast i think its a problem, because it has been maxing and not going over 405 core clock when it was like a month ago around 1200 clock.

i dont know what to do anymore and i hope some of you know the issue.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

Reboot your PC.

That can happen when the GPU drivers crash and is usually fixed with a reboot.

That's a problem with the drivers. FOr some reason, the driver enters a low power state mode, THINKS it doens't need anymore than that and get's stuck at it, even when you put a load on the card. This can be a result of a driver crash, yes, but it can also happen even without it (though no one knows the reason as to why).

To (temporarely) fix it, all you have to do is reboot the drivers. Rebooting the PC will obviously be enough, but that unnecessary work.

Another option would be to reinstal the drivers. If there's a new version, might as well take the chance to update. Though again, that's unnecessary work, there are easier ways to do it.

Which leads me way I do it. Simply get GPU-Z and press the "extract Bios" button. This will force the driver to reboot. Simple, quick and effective. You don't even need to save the Bios file afterwards, just having that window pop up is enough.

PS: remember to close and reopen any OC / Monitoring software after a driver reboot, otherwise readings can and will be incorrect.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

well it has been happening for like a week now and obiously ive rebooted and ive updated drivers multible times this week

but i will try gpuz

Am i blind i just cant find the extract bios button :\

or is it save to file?

okay my clock speeds are now normal but i dont know what i did and how long it will be good but i saw pagefile usage is almost max and i dont know what it does or if its good thats it is maxing out but.

when i was testing if the clock speeds are correct i tested bf4 and i got a lot of lag spikes and i looked at afterburner and the gpu usage was dipping and rising wich resulted in very choppy gameplay