Which Setup?

rmassena

I have an Acer x34 for my PC rig and gaming on it, and it is also for great multitasking.

But many of my friends have consoles and I don't want black bars or a warped image on the x34. Should I put an extra monitor (non ultra wide) on each side of my x34 or should I put the console monitor farther away on my desk?

14 minutes ago, rmassena said:

I have an Acer x34 for my PC rig and gaming on it, and it is also for great multitasking.

But many of my friends have consoles and I don't want black bars or a warped image on the x34. Should I put an extra monitor (non ultra wide) on each side of my x34 or should I put the console monitor farther away on my desk?

Unless you're planning on streaming or extreme edditing don't put the extra pannels on and just move the monitor. If you've got to much money though, buy the extra monitors, it looks awesome.

11 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

Unless you're planning on streaming or extreme edditing don't put the extra pannels on and just move the monitor. If you've got to much money though, buy the extra monitors, it looks awesome.

Do you think flat 25" panels would look tacky next to a curved 34" though?

3 minutes ago, rmassena said:

Do you think flat 25" panels would look tacky next to a curved 34" though?

He did something similar a few months ago. just look and see if you like how it looks.

52 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

He did something similar a few months ago. just look and see if you like how it looks.

Looks good but I couldn't figure out what mount/ he's using?

Apparently the only stand that would securely accommodate the x34 wit two monitors on its side would be the WSGF edition, however $374 is too much for me.

So I might be between leaving the stands on the monitors or setting them on separate sides of the desk

9 hours ago, rmassena said:

Would you happen to know which monitors he's using on the sides?

I could find out for you, but I don't think it really matters, you can use any monitor you want. Just think about what you need, resolution, refreshrate, IPS vs TN and the refreshrate.

6 hours ago, rmassena said:

Apparently the only stand that would securely accommodate the x34 wit two monitors on its side would be the WSGF edition, however $374 is too much for me.

So I might be between leaving the stands on the monitors or setting them on separate sides of the desk

This is totaly up to you. I said only do it when you have to much money, because it was going to be expensive. Though, leving the monitor stands on will save you a lot of money, but in that case you might just considder moving one of them. Just because you got enough money doesn't mean you should buy the extra monitors.