Can my PC display on a laptop screen?

Jack Dvorak
Go to solution Solved by vorticalbox,
6 hours ago, DarthJake said:

I have never done this personally but you could set up a team viewer between your computer and your laptop. Unfortunately you would need a screen to set it up (unless you are really good - I am not) so you could use the TV only to set up team viewer and just be really really quiet.  www.teamviewer.com  Personal use is free so that's good.

chrome remote desktop is so much easier then team viewer and can be done right in the browser.

I don't have a monitor and I only have a laptop and a TV. I cannot hook it up to the TV because my parents have to go to sleep for work and I will be to loud. Can I hook my PC up to my laptop using a VGA cord? My GPU has a VGA socket.

Short answer, no. Long answer, laptops generally do not have external inputs for video to their displays and internally they run embedded displayport, LVDS or parraller electrically with proprietary connectors that vary between manufacturer. There are ways you could stream video to the laptops display over a network, but that would require a display on the desktop as well to start the server for streaming display output.

chrome remote desktop?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I have never done this personally but you could set up a team viewer between your computer and your laptop. Unfortunately you would need a screen to set it up (unless you are really good - I am not) so you could use the TV only to set up team viewer and just be really really quiet.  www.teamviewer.com  Personal use is free so that's good.

6 hours ago, DarthJake said:

chrome remote desktop is so much easier then team viewer and can be done right in the browser.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´