What is the BEST Database for Visual Studio 2013?

JacobKS

I'm currently studying basics in Visual Studio 2013 and I need a Database what Database should I use?

55 minutes ago, JacobKS said:

I'm currently studying basics in Visual Studio 2013 and I need a Database what Database should I use?

what ever you like, I like to use mysql. normally from xammp

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 hours ago, JacobKS said:

It's a subjective question to which this is the most appropriate answer:

1 hour ago, vorticalbox said:

what ever you like

In general when you write software you ideally want to make each component, concern or concept in your system as decoupled as possible (coupling kills). A context specific example is that you would design your application such that you don't have to rely on any specific database technology at all. Indeed you'd want to be able to swap between database technologies whenever you'd like without having to worry about a redesign or a re-implementation.

With this in mind the way you would normally work towards something like that would be by choosing a database technology and then wrapping it in something like the Entity Framework or NHibernate to handle the data access. Then you would hide this implementation detail behind another interface or layer such as The Repository Pattern. This way you'd end up with a set of clean interfaces that are completely free of any implementation detail whatsoever which you can then write behavioural tests around.

Higher order patterns such as Model, View, VIewModel (MVVM) or Model View Controller (MVC) separate out each overall concern into it's own component or namespace. They are usually comprised of many other lower order patterns themselves and most importantly each component shouldn't care about any other. Any communication carried out between them is achieved by various patterns of abstraction such as Dependency Injection (DI) and Inversion of Control (IoC) for example.

All of these concepts are basic fundamentals which belong to Single Responsibility, Open-Closed, Liskov Substitution, interface Segregation and Dependency Inversion (SOLID). You may also want to look at Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability (ACID) and the Keep it Simple, Stupid (KISS principal).

In conclusion at the point that you seem to be at you should perhaps consider taking a step back and asking yourself: "What does it really mean?"

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.