Can i disable my graphics card through the bios

Go to solution Solved by code3,

Found it! It was under NB configuration i believe just had to change some settings in there. Thanks for replies!

Is there anyway to disable the graphics card in my computer through the bios. I want to see how my apu runs on some games, but i don't want to remove my card because of fear of static electricity. (My house is covered in carpet) My Motherboard is an Asus A88XM-Plus. Any reply is much appreciated!

8 minutes ago, code3 said:

Is there anyway to disable the graphics card in my computer through the bios. I want to see how my apu runs on some games, but i don't want to remove my card because of fear of static electricity. (My house is covered in carpet) My Motherboard is an Asus A88XM-Plus. Any reply is much appreciated!

just plug your monitor into the motherboard and youre done

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

3 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

just plug your monitor into the motherboard and youre done

Not really. You won't get any signals that way

1 minute ago, angrypig7 said:

Not really. You won't get any signals that way

you will from your iGPU

12 minutes ago, code3 said:

Yes, you can. You should be able to find the GPU menu in bios.

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

you will from your iGPU

Well, yeah if you're running integrated GPUs, but he said disabling graphics card not taking signals from integrated.

Well, yeah if you're running integrated GPUs, but he said disabling graphics card not taking signals from integrated.

he has an apu and descrete graphics card, he wants to see the performance of his GPU in his APU

3 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

he has an apu and descrete graphics card, he wants to see the performance of his GPU in his APU

Uhhhh, I don't get what you're saying. He said he wants to use his integrated GPU, and disable the discrete graphics card in his bios. I said he can disable it within the bios, and you told him to plug the monitor right into the mainboard. And as you probably know, when you have a graphics card selected as primary, the integrated GPU won't work and you won't get any signals from the mainboard. Am I missing anything??

Uhhhh, I don't get what you're saying. He said he wants to use his integrated GPU, and disable the discrete graphics card in his bios. I said he can disable it within the bios, and you told him to plug the monitor right into the mainboard. And as you probably know, when you have a graphics card selected as primary, the integrated GPU won't work and you won't get any signals from the mainboard. Am I missing anything??

Nope, I missed your original comment. Sorry.

14 minutes ago, angrypig7 said:

K thx ill try this

14 minutes ago, angrypig7 said:

I tried to find GPU menu, but i couldnt find it anywhere.

Try plugging in the VGA/DVI cable to the motherboard. See if it's running off of the APU that way, you can check it under "Device Manager" in "Display adapters", it should then show that it's using the APU's graphics I'm assuming. I'm not used to doing this with an APU so it might not work. You might have to restart? 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

just bring the case to the outside of your house that not use a carpet then  remove it. simple right?

Found it! It was under NB configuration i believe just had to change some settings in there. Thanks for replies!