My broadband and powerline connects to the internet but..

China

I can't seem to connect to the internet via ethernet or wifi. Is it because of conflicting lan ips (Same model router connected as wan into another same model router with exact same local ip, have to connect to my landlord's router)

computer -> same router -> same router -> internet

model: actiontec v1000h telus version, ip 192.168.1.254

You cannot have more than one device on the network with the same IP. Try changing the IP address of the router you have access to.

You cannot have more than one device on the network with the same IP. Try changing the IP address of the router you have access to.

Do I have to get a new router if the ip cannot be changed through settings then?

Do I have to get a new router if the ip cannot be changed through settings then?

You should be able to assign it a static IP address in the settings. Also ensure that the default gateway on your router is set to your landlord'a router's IP.

Change second router IP address from 192.168.1.254 to 192.168.0.254 (for example). Usually IP addresses are in range 192.168.0/1.1, then use lan to connect them, and then type address (in network connection) of the router you connect to the internet (for example your modem is connected to router 192.168.0.254):

IP = 192.168.0.10 (10 = any number really)

SM = 255.255.255.0 (if that is, it usually is)

DG = 192.168.0.254

PDNSs = 192.168.0.254

That's how i would solve that problem, however I'm not familiar with that router, it should work.

You should type IP's of router that is connected to the modem in network connection in order to have internet (again, it depends).

You should be able to assign it a static IP address in the settings. Also ensure that the default gateway on your router is set to your landlord'a router's IP.

The first part is unchangeable because the settings to change ips are locked by the isp. (the router is designed for a specific isp)

Probably have to buy a new one :(

The first part is unchangeable because the settings to change ips are locked by the isp. (the router is designed for a specific isp)

Probably have to buy a new one :(

You should be able to change the private IP that you have assigned to your router (for a class C IPv4 address, any ip within the 192.168.0.0  to 192.168.255.255 range is considered a private IP). The only IP you wont be able to change is your public IP which will be assigned by your ISP. Look around in the settings and you should have an option to change the device's private IP. If you still don't find it in your settings, I'll see if I can check on my friend's router and maybe get a few screenshots for you to check as he has the same router.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

I really don't want to spend another 30 dollars to replace a working router :(