POST, splash screen, then shuts down

Rookie
Hey guys,

Just received my Corsair 750D and put my existing system into it. When I power up, 2-3 seconds into the Windows 8 splash screen it powers off (like pulling the plug). Just as it powers off, the CPU POST LED flashes once (mobo does not have speaker or readout). Have reseated RAM and SSD connections, checked power cables. Slightly noobish here, so any help would be great!

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (stock cooler)
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
2x2GB Dominator GT
EVGA GTX780
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
4x4TB Seagate Barracuda
Corsair TX850W
Corsair 750D

Have you checked your CPU temperature in the BIOS? 

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Check your CPU temps like NoTreble said, and also try reseating your heatsink/waterblock and re-apply thermal paste if necessary. 

Spoiler

OK, CPU temp in bios , 25 degrees Celsius. Took system out, tested with mobo, cpu, ram, gpu, psu and ssd sitting on my mobo box. Same problem. Reseasted CPU, applied new paste, same issue. Any other ideas? It seems that its having trouble getting to the windows logon screen. Would a short have caused this, perhaps killing a component? It performs fine in bios.

Just recieved my new AX860i an hour ago, tested with that, shut down still occurs. I should mention that the system was working perfectly in my previous case 1 day ago, I only switched it into the 750D. I didn't mess with the CPU or RAM when swapping them over. My feeling is that the mobo has shorted at some point perhaps. If I have damaged a component its not so much of an issue as Ive got more parts incoming...

I'll rule out the CPU for you now. Even at full load and an improper cooler, there's NO WAY to reach TJ Max withing a couple seconds. Anything shorting out the back of the board, or a bad powerswitch connection?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Just put the system back into the 750D after having it on the table. Plugged in just the SSD, and I finally managed to go past the splash screen and log in. 30 seconds after logging in however I got a BSoD, stating "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". So I'm assuming that an old, missing or corrupted driver is to blame? 

I had a previous issue something like that...make sure that the motherboard is not touching the case stand offs. I has to put rubber washers on the mobo stand offs to make sure the board was not touching the case causing it to short out.