Should I buy GTX 970 or wait for RX 480?

Hi!

I wanted to buy a new graphics card for my pc (8 gigs of DDR3 RAM, i5 4570) which has a gt 630. As you probably know, it's not exactly the best card for gaming. Recently I found the Gigabyte mini GTX 970 and decided to buy it. But now the RX 480 has launched and it's supposed to be a better and cheaper card than the 970. The problem is that in my country, the RX is cheaper by 15 dollars or something like that than the 970, and I don't know if it will fit in my pc case. My question is: Do you think there will be a mini version of RX 480 anytime soon, or should I just buy the 970? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, ShrDc said:

Hi!

I wanted to buy a new graphics card for my pc (8 gigs of DDR3 RAM, i5 4570) which has a gt 630. As you probably know, it's not exactly the best card for gaming. Recently I found the Gigabyte mini GTX 970 and decided to buy it. But now the RX 480 has launched and it's supposed to be a better and cheaper card than the 970. The problem is that in my country, the RX is cheaper by 15 dollars or something like that than the 970, and I don't know if it will fit in my pc case. My question is: Do you think there will be a mini version of RX 480 anytime soon, or should I just buy the 970? Thanks!

Wait for custom 480's. 480 isn't big.

I'd check pcpartpicker for compatibilities, and I would wait for a release of the rx480 from a company like MSI, to solve the electrical problems. I'd personally buy the rx 480 because of the lower price, as well as better value.

its up to the board partners if they want to make a mini 480. though i think the sapphire nitro looks pretty small 

The RX 480 is pretty short, but the 970 is still decent and as good right now. What is the price difference?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

The RX 480 is pretty short, but the 970 is still decent and as good right now. What is the price difference?

The 970 I wanna buy costs 1500 shekels in my country (386$) and the cheapest rx 480 I can find is 1400 shekels (360$). And again, I don't think it will fit in my pc case 

1 minute ago, ShrDc said:

The 970 I wanna buy costs 1500 shekels in my country (386$) and the cheapest rx 480 I can find is 1400 shekels (360$). And again, I don't think it will fit in my pc case 

How long does it need to be? Get a tape rulers and check, it will probably fit.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

13 minutes ago, ShrDc said:

Hi!

You want to save the $100 or so and get an rx480. 

17 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

How long does it need to be? Get a tape rulers and check, it will probably fit.

The maximum length I can fit is 19 cm (7.5 inches), but I'm not sure about it, cause right now I feel really dumb cause I don't know what in my motherboard will block the card (The problem is the motherboard and not the case like I said before) and I don't know the model of my motherboard, because the pc is pre-built (Lenovo thinkcentre M83 mini tower) and I can't find the motherboard model

Yea, stick with the 970. If we're ever going to get mini 480s, they haven't been announced yet. What is your power supply?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

5 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Yea, stick with the 970. If we're ever going to get mini 480s, they haven't been announced yet. What is your power supply?

280W, but I'm going to buy a 500W power supply