LG 34UC97 or SAMSUNG S34E790C

JHyunS06

Title says it all!

I am wondering which would be better choice.

I am intending to use one if these as a main monitor at the centre and use 29UM58-Ps on right and left side. 

I game, program and occasionally use Photoshop and Illustrator. 

Price-wise, in Canada, 34UC88 is 899.99 and S34E790C is 1099.99. 

Panel difference wise, I wouldnt mind both panel.

Which one should I choose?

I mean they are really both nearly exactly the same. They both can reproduce nearly the full srgb colour space, same size, same res. I think it would really come down to features. The only other thing that differentiates the panels that I have spotted is the Samsung panel have a 4ms response time. I would just look at things that you might value. They both will do well in Photoshop and Illustrator. They only thing I might look into is colour accuracy and reproduction. The one thing I did notice is on the Samsung page it does not state IPS anywhere. I would have it a guess that it is but I would just double check that if I were you. 

EDIT: Oh and it looks like the VESA mount is off to the side of the monitor on the Samsung monitor. Which if it was mine would piss the crap out of me

Like if you liked it. Share it if you thought it was great. Leave a reply if you emotions are a bit more complicated   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23 hours ago, InitializingDev said:

I mean they are really both nearly exactly the same. They both can reproduce nearly the full srgb colour space, same size, same res. I think it would really come down to features. The only other thing that differentiates the panels that I have spotted is the Samsung panel have a 4ms response time. I would just look at things that you might value. They both will do well in Photoshop and Illustrator. They only thing I might look into is colour accuracy and reproduction. The one thing I did notice is on the Samsung page it does not state IPS anywhere. I would have it a guess that it is but I would just double check that if I were you. 

EDIT: Oh and it looks like the VESA mount is off to the side of the monitor on the Samsung monitor. Which if it was mine would piss the crap out of me

Hello InitializingDev,

Thank you so much for your reply. 

Samsung one has "VA" panel. ( Their own version due to patent issue.)

I guess I will go with LG. :P