BenQ RL2455HM

rf9661

Hey!

I just purchased two BenQ RL2455HM monitors and they're fantastic, kinda... So I'm rocking a GeForce GTX 970 and the monitors use Display Port. So, I have one monitor connected using HDMI and the other using DVI. But, the DVI monitor has really deep and rich blacks which look FANTASTIC yet the one connected via HDMI has really bright almost greyish blacks. MY GPU only has 1 HDMI, 1 DVI, and 3 DisplayPorts. If I buy a DVI and DisplayPort colors, will I get the same colors as the DVI monitor? Please let me know.

By the way, the cable I'm talking about it this one: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B004C9M7UG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467942855&sr=8-1&keywords=dvi+to+display+port

All help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Richard

7 minutes ago, rf9661 said:

Hey!

I just purchased two BenQ RL2455HM monitors and they're fantastic, kinda... So I'm rocking a GeForce GTX 970 and the monitors use Display Port. So, I have one monitor connected using HDMI and the other using DVI. But, the DVI monitor has really deep and rich blacks which look FANTASTIC yet the one connected via HDMI has really bright almost greyish blacks. MY GPU only has 1 HDMI, 1 DVI, and 3 DisplayPorts. If I buy a DVI and DisplayPort colors, will I get the same colors as the DVI monitor? Please let me know.

By the way, the cable I'm talking about it this one: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B004C9M7UG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467942855&sr=8-1&keywords=dvi+to+display+port

All help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Richard

Your cable won't affect your colors, just use Display Port for that 75hz.

7 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

Your cable won't affect your colors, just use Display Port for that 75hz.

Also, sometimes black on the DVI monitor turns blue. Right now I'm typing in blue on my screen. 

So I should use the DVI to DisplayPort cable?

Wait, so if the cable doesn't change the colors what's causing the discoloration?

2 minutes ago, rf9661 said:

Also, sometimes black on the DVI monitor turns blue. Right now I'm typing in blue on my screen. 

So I should use the DVI to DisplayPort cable?

If your colors are messed up try a different cable and if that doesn't work it could be your monitor or GPU. Try messing around with different parts and see what the problem is.

2 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

If your colors are messed up try a different cable and if that doesn't work it could be your monitor or GPU. Try messing around with different parts and see what the problem is.

I switched out the cables on the monitors and the discoloration switches to the one with HDMI.

1 minute ago, rf9661 said:

I switched out the cables on the monitors and the discoloration switches to the one with HDMI.

Try using a different HDMI cable or DVI cable on both. Using the DVI cable will get you 75hz, my mistake.

Try using a different HDMI cable or DVI cable on both. Using the DVI cable will get you 75hz, my mistake.

Ok, so its fine if I connect/use the cable I linked?

4 minutes ago, rf9661 said:

Ok, so its fine if I connect/use the cable I linked?

Don't use the HDMI cable that was causing the problems. Use any other cable you have and if the color problem isn't there, your monitors are ok and it was just the cable. In that case, just pick up another DIV cable for your other monitor so you have both monitors running at 75hz.

1 minute ago, mathmeister said:

Don't use the HDMI cable that was causing the problems. Use any other cable you have and if the color problem isn't there, your monitors are ok and it was just the cable. In that case, just pick up another DIV cable for your other monitor so you have both monitors running at 75hz.

Ok! Perfect! Thank you so much for your help!

1 minute ago, rf9661 said:

Ok! Perfect! Thank you so much for your help!

Well are the monitors fine?

Well are the monitors fine?

I'm going to go ahead and order the cable! By the way, why does black text turn blue on the DVI monitor?

13 hours ago, rf9661 said:

I'm going to go ahead and order the cable! By the way, why does black text turn blue on the DVI monitor?

Is it just text or all blacks? Are you using DVI on both?

2 hours ago, mathmeister said:

Is it just text or all blacks? Are you using DVI on both?

Hey,

Figured out what was causing the text discoloration. Instead of using my computer glasses at night I use a program called Flux which makes the screen "yellower" and It was changing black text blue. So I'll just be using my computer glasses in the meantime. I'll let you know if both on DVI changes anything! :D

Regards,

Richard

38 minutes ago, rf9661 said:

Hey,

Figured out what was causing the text discoloration. Instead of using my computer glasses at night I use a program called Flux which makes the screen "yellower" and It was changing black text blue. So I'll just be using my computer glasses in the meantime. I'll let you know if both on DVI changes anything! :D

Regards,

Richard

You should use DVI on both because they are 75hz monitors and HDMI doesn't support more than 60hz. Normally I would recommend Display Port but your monitors don't have those.

4 hours ago, mathmeister said:

You should use DVI on both because they are 75hz monitors and HDMI doesn't support more than 60hz. Normally I would recommend Display Port but your monitors don't have those.

Yep. So DVI will connect into the monitor on both but my GPU only has one DVI so one will be connected DVI to DVI and the other, DVI to DisplayPort. 

On 7/8/2016 at 3:01 PM, mathmeister said:

Hey!

I got the adapter today and set it up. It works perfectly and the colors are now exactly the same as they should be! Thank you so much for your time and support in finding a resolution! 

Regards,

Richard