Gaming CPU Needed

31 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

Very well, is this good enough for you?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-fx-8370e-cpu,3929-6.html

even older i5s outperform the fx.

In the end it all comes down to gaming performance vs video editing. Id pick gaming performance any day.

id personally pick the xeon since most games in the future will use more threads like BF1 with their frostbite engine 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Yoyohoneywasp said:

I want to know which one is better for gaming i5 (anymodel) vs fx 8370, If either one is better can you please tell me by how much, Also this is for gaming, recording, and kinda editing purposes

Skylake i5 definitely is faster CPU for gaming FX 8370 is clearly bottleneck for new high end GPUs.

8 hours ago, Yoyohoneywasp said:

I want to know which one is better for gaming i5 (anymodel) vs fx 8370, If either one is better can you please tell me by how much, Also this is for gaming, recording, and kinda editing purposes

The FX lineup is 5 years old and about 3/5 the cost. You get what you pay for. If you need raw multithreaded performance the FX line is still actually a great value and the 6300 is actually better than the I3 line due to their stuttering issues.

I digress though. Do go for the I5 if youre doing Gaming mostly but if you want a budget render machine a 8370 isnt a terrible option.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

2 hours ago, Vortez said:

Skylake i5 definitely is faster CPU for gaming FX 8370 is clearly bottleneck for new high end GPUs.

Considering the difference between an FX8370 and i5 2500K....http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/438/AMD_FX-Series_FX-8370_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-2500K.html, and that the i6 6500 is a lot better than the 2500K.....http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/490/Intel_Core_i5_i5-2500K_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-6500.html

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

4 minutes ago, Moress said:

The FX lineup is 5 years old and about 3/5 the cost. You get what you pay for. If you need raw multithreaded performance the FX line is still actually a great value and the 6300 is actually better than the I3 line due to their stuttering issues.

I digress though. Do go for the I5 if youre doing Gaming mostly but if you want a budget render machine a 8370 isnt a terrible option.

No its not. Its not much better than the old i5 2500K multithreaded. And the FX series's stuttering issues are far worse due to the way CMT works....http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/367/AMD_FX-Series_FX-8370_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-6500.html

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 6.7.2016 at 4:40 AM, Yoyohoneywasp said:

Both i5 6600K and i7 6700K will not bottleneck even a gtx 1080. But, any amd processor to date will. Intel has much faster single core performance, and has been better than amd since sandy bridge 5 years ago.

Buying a amd processor for a gaming pc today is pure nonsense, and has been for 5 years. Pick i5 6600K or i7 6700K.

Intel Core i7 6700K@4,3GHz - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 - Evga SuperNova 750W PSU - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD - Gainward GTX 1080 GS - BenQ xl2411T 144hz - Cooler Master Haf-X Big Tower Nvidia Edition