Update Graphics Driver Issues

MunsonedForLife
Go to solution Solved by mgsstar,

I hate to say it but the same issue is still happening with only one graphics card.

I would try this(read the last post) in installing the driver manually and going into the catalyst installer and installer the others: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354169

I've installed the most up to date drivers for my 7950 from the AMD website.  When going to play BF4 I get an error message that says to update my graphics driver because I'm currently running 12.10.  How can this be? 

The strange thing is when I load up MSI afterburner it says my driver version is 9.14.10.0926, Catalyst 12.10

Is that right?  Thanks for any help, I appreciate it!

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Thanks for the reply! I will try those drivers to see if that is the issue. For some reason when I go to the AMD website I dont get those drivers to download.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Thanks for the reply! I will try those drivers to see if that is the issue. For some reason when I go to the AMD website I dont get those drivers to download.

Direct Link to Windows 7/8 x64 13.9 drivers: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-9_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I uninstalled the previous drivers from before using the link you provided.  Went to install the new drivers and noticed that the display driver isn't even on the list to install when going through the install wizard.  Any ideas?

Also I'm trying to attach a picture in here of the screen so you can see.  Is it really that hard to put a picture on here? :(

I uninstalled the previous drivers from before using the link you provided.  Went to install the new drivers and noticed that the display driver isn't even on the list to install when going through the install wizard.  Any ideas?

Also I'm trying to attach a picture in here of the screen so you can see.  Is it really that hard to put a picture on here? :(

No you could upload it on imgur or upload it in the gallery that this in this forum and link it using the image button below the similes button.

Upload skipped (Error 520)

Upload skipped (Error 520)

Guessing that error was from the forum? Upload it on http://imgur.com and link it and go to bugs and issues to report this error with a screenshot so they can fix it.

Guessing that error was from the forum? Upload it on http://imgur.com and link it and go to bugs and issues to report this error with a screenshot so they can fix it.

Thanks, link is in above post.

I appreciate your help by the way!

I opened my installer and got more things than you but I am running a single gpu configuration not sure if that is the problem.

I opened my installer and got more things than you but I am running a single gpu configuration not sure if that is the problem.

Think maybe I should try to install with only one GPU in and see if that changes anything?

Think maybe I should try to install with only one GPU in and see if that changes anything?

Sure I would try that. Be sure to turn off your computer and turn off the psu before removing or adding anything in the computer :)

EDIT: The components that I got for the installer were AMD Catalyst Install Manager, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86 and x64, AMD Display Driver, HDMI Audio Driver, AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding, AMD Drag and Drop Transcoding, AMD Media Foundation Transcoders, AMD Catalyst Control Center, and Microsoft Net Framework 4.5.

I hate to say it but the same issue is still happening with only one graphics card.

I would try this(read the last post) in installing the driver manually and going into the catalyst installer and installer the others: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354169

Sure I would try that. Be sure to turn off your computer and turn off the psu before removing or adding anything in the computer :)

EDIT: The components that I got for the installer were AMD Catalyst Install Manager, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86 and x64, AMD Display Driver, HDMI Audio Driver, AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding, AMD Drag and Drop Transcoding, AMD Media Foundation Transcoders, AMD Catalyst Control Center, and Microsoft Net Framework 4.5.

As you can see the only items I'm getting are in the picture. I do not understand this at all.

I would try this(read the last post) in installing the driver manually and going into the catalyst installer and installer the others: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354169

So far we are off to a good start. That worked with one card installed, now trying to add the second.

I would try this(read the last post) in installing the driver manually and going into the catalyst installer and installer the others: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354169

Manually installing the driver like that worked. I appreciate all your time with helping me solve this issue!

Manually installing the driver like that worked. I appreciate all your time with helping me solve this issue!

No problem! Be sure to also update your catalyst control center and the other stuff in the catalyst installer to avoid these old programs having issues with the new drivers. But if it works, I would leave it imo.

No problem! Be sure to also update your catalyst control center and the other stuff in the catalyst installer to avoid these old programs having issues with the new drivers. But if it works, I would leave it imo.

Is there any reason why updating the other way wouldn't work? Common problem at all with AMD?

Is there any reason why updating the other way wouldn't work? Common problem at all with AMD?

What do you mean by other way? You mean updating via the installer? I don't think its a common problem imo but I have seen on forums that people had experienced these issues.