hard drive error

Kapono

I swapped my Lenovo laptop which had Windows 10 on it for his HP laptop because mine was kinda fucking out haha, he fully reset the HP laptop and installed Windows 7 on it, there's a 500GB hard drive in it that works fine but I have a 1TB hard drive that used to work sweet when it was in the Lenovo laptop that won't work on the HP laptop, when I put it in and start it says disk is non-usable?

13563343_249554972094210_95436928_n.jpg

ABOUT ME: Hello, I'm a 15-year-old PC enthusiast. I love helping people with their problems and learning about the hardware of a PC.

DREAM JOBS: Computer Technician, I.T Consultant or a Computer Hardware Engineer.

NEXT BUILD: http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/rDXLJV (NOT COMPLETED)

BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER AND HAVE SOME FUN!  

Windows is installed on the hard drive your trying to use right?

Desktop  - AMD Phenom II X4 955 - 12gb Hyper X DDR3 - NZXT Tempest - Asus M4A78DTX EVO - Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti - 160gb Toshiba garbage - 1tb WD garbage

Laptop - HP Pavilion G7-2269wm - AMD A8-4500M - 6gb DDR3 - 320 gig Western Digital Scorpio drive - AMD HD 7640G graphics - 17.3 inch display

Server - x2 Xeon f41 2.80GHz - 4gb DDR ECC Reg - Intel Serverboard SE7320GP2 - ATI Rage 128 8mb - 120gb Seagate boot - 640 gb Network share

1 minute ago, ButtNuttz said:

Windows is installed on the hard drive your trying to use right?

Yes

ABOUT ME: Hello, I'm a 15-year-old PC enthusiast. I love helping people with their problems and learning about the hardware of a PC.

DREAM JOBS: Computer Technician, I.T Consultant or a Computer Hardware Engineer.

You have to reinstall windows for that drive to work. Windows installs cannot be tossed around computers, depending on how you installed it. And with it being an OEM install, You cant use the windows on it because the key is registered to the other computer, the Lenovo i could only assume. Youre better off staying with the windows 7 installed on the other computer, getting the key from it using a program like ProduKey, and using the key to install windows on the 1tb drive. 

Desktop  - AMD Phenom II X4 955 - 12gb Hyper X DDR3 - NZXT Tempest - Asus M4A78DTX EVO - Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti - 160gb Toshiba garbage - 1tb WD garbage

Laptop - HP Pavilion G7-2269wm - AMD A8-4500M - 6gb DDR3 - 320 gig Western Digital Scorpio drive - AMD HD 7640G graphics - 17.3 inch display

Server - x2 Xeon f41 2.80GHz - 4gb DDR ECC Reg - Intel Serverboard SE7320GP2 - ATI Rage 128 8mb - 120gb Seagate boot - 640 gb Network share

2 minutes ago, ButtNuttz said:

You have to reinstall windows for that drive to work. Windows installs cannot be tossed around computers, depending on how you installed it. And with it being an OEM install, You cant use the windows on it because the key is registered to the other computer, the Lenovo i could only assume. Youre better off staying with the windows 7 installed on the other computer, getting the key from it using a program like ProduKey, and using the key to install windows on the 1tb drive. 

How would I reinstall Windows on that hard drive when It cannot boot up. It Is Windows 10 on this hard drive

What did you do with the other machine that the hard drive came from? Youre going to need to reformat the drive, which a windows install will do for you, to get the computer to boot using the drive

2 minutes ago, ButtNuttz said:

What did you do with the other machine that the hard drive came from? Youre going to need to reformat the drive, which a windows install will do for you, to get the computer to boot using the drive

What If I can't access the other PC? :o 

If you cant access the other PC then your kinda out of luck as far as gettng anything off of that drive. I really dont think you would be able to boot from that drive at all given that it came from a completely different computer. 

1 minute ago, ButtNuttz said:

If you cant access the other PC then your kinda out of luck as far as gettng anything off of that drive. I really dont think you would be able to boot from that drive at all given that it came from a completely different computer. 

All good. Thank you for the help :)